Dillon Stevens: Michael, Chicago and Toronto

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Dillon Stevens: Michael, Chicago and Toronto

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Even more insanity on top of the tower. 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOWkKwI ... ploademail
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Even more insanity on top of the tower. 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOWkKwI ... ploademail
"This is nuts!" "This is insanity"

NOT the time to try out the Billy Jump!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

If that were London, the company would never have allowed the kids to do something like that! There, of course, the company serves in loco parentis, and I am sure their insurance carrier would be having heart palpitations and threatening to drop them. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:If that were London, the company would never have allowed the kids to do something like that! There, of course, the company serves in loco parentis, and I am sure their insurance carrier would be having heart palpitations and threatening to drop them. 8-)
I had the same thought! I have had to write dozens of risk assessments for school,youth group outings in the UK, and they are a nightmare! This would NOT have been allowed.

I have been up the CN Tower; I could never do that!
tzwicky
George

At CN Tower.

Post by tzwicky »

I did the see-trough floor which was the "height" of terror back in the day.

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

When I was there, the see through floor was so crowded that there was hardly any room on it. 8-)
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

My photo skills are limited .......

Post by tzwicky »

On my visit, my partner was not willing to help me photographically display this iconic Canadian destination, so I enlisted a "volunteer" little kid to "sit there and not move" on the see-through floor. He and his parents were obviously not Yanks. They cooperated with the endeavor and everyone got up to some fun. But it was quite claustrophobic and crowded. So much so, in fact, the kid and his parents zoomed down some elevator and I was never able to get them their copies of the image. Hmmmmmmmmm. Wonder if the kid turned out to be an MP or something?

...... Back when I took vacations to any place other than BETM.

Though Dillon on the edge of the exterior of the top of the CN Tower with the other Billy people was quite more fun than any photo I could compose.

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think we probably should get back to Dillon. ;)
Ellen

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

kport wrote:I had the same thought! I have had to write dozens of risk assessments for school,youth group outings in the UK, and they are a nightmare! This would NOT have been allowed.
It is interesting how society understands risk. In reality, the SkyWalk itself is probably one of the safest things you can do in Toronto, much safer than getting from home to the CN Tower. Getting to the tower, you could be hit by a car, mugged, etc. But what could happen on the SkyWalk, safely tied into a climbing harness? Like rock climbing, it feels scary, but is actually very, very safe.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote:I think we probably should get back to Dillon. ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Cast - Toronto”