September 2010 - Reviews - London

AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Re: September 2010 - Reviews - London

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Hi forum

Since we have had a lack of reviews, here is a preview.

I have had a bit of dealings with the cricket world and it's various betting scandals recently.

But one team were very gracious in giving me a tip. It will be a top show tonight, Billy will bowl us all over, and Michael will deliver a no ball to George in the second over and a 50p will be dropped in the fourth over - scandalous. No one will be stumped. (By the way England will win by 5 wickets tonight but the Billy audience are winners every time).

see you tonight (B20 to 26 and some row D, J and K)

Alex
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Love it Alex or should it be patc(2).

See you tonight hopefully.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
caaz
Small Boy

Post by caaz »

Show was stopped tonight as the Billy was ill, not sure of any more information!!!
29/4/2006 - The First Billy Experience
Aaron x 1.5. Adam x 1. Colin x 1. Corey x 2. Dean CC x 2. Fox x 3. Hogan x 1. Josh B x 1. Layton x 3. Leon x 1.
Ollie G x 3. Ollie T x 4. Rhys x 1.5. Scott x 2 Tom x 2. Travis x 1. Trent x 1 (On Broadway)

5th Birthday Show = Amazing, Best Show Ever
"In everything you do always be yourself"
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

According to sources after the show, Scott is fine he just hurt his foot and according to the stage manager, signalled that he felt he couldn't continue. The safety curtain fell for a few minutes whilst the reserve Billy, Aaron was prepared and then the show continued from where it left off just after Express. Aaron did a fantastic job re-envigurating the audience, did a fantastic Angry Dance and a superb second half of the show.
Incidently, the main board showed Reece as Michael but in the event it was Connor who played Michael brilliantly throughout the whole show.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Monday 20th September

Scott then Aaron/Connor/Francesca

My first show with Scott and very much impressed. I was particularly taken by the clear diction. I often find the Scottish speak with a clarity rarely matched by the English regardless of dialect. As mentioned in previous posts there was some lovely little unique moves and I was sorry not to see more when he came off after Express for a precaution over a foot injury. The chaperone won’t chance any slight injury which is fair enough. I thought Aaron was admirable, probably one of the hardest scenes to commence with is the Letter and Aaron was brilliant. A fair few slips in Boogie, even the chair went flying but the kids are utterly professional and just get on with it. It has been pointed out I am a jinx where 3 of my last 10 shows have seen Billy change mid show.

Phil Snowden was excellent as Dad. I didn’t know he could play dad and it was nice to see yet another interpretation with lots of extra lines thrown in. I look forward to seeing him in Les Mis at the O2. Phil is so versatile. I await the day he has to take on two roles in one show and will end up in a Tommy Cooper style sketch just changing hats and talking to himself in two simultaneous roles (or what about all three parts in front of stage in the audition).

It was great to see Shaun Henson back, particularly mincing around in the audition scene he has made his own.

I attended with a large group of colleagues – police officers. They were all Billy virgins and all highly rated the show and many will come back. There was guffaws when one thought he identified his missing riot helmet in Angry dance. (The yellow letters on the back of the helmet identify the London Borough the officer is from i.e XB is Ealing and I think I saw an XH which is Hillingdon). By the way can we have our missing helmet back please.

An interesting and unusual show and naturally a unique show (Can two shows ever be the same). And well done David for saving that poor womans’ blushes – I bet Aaron was absolutely fuming!!

Looking forward to Saturday and saying hello to some Forum members for the first time.
Alex
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

AJ HOLDEN wrote:And well done David for saving that poor womans’ blushes – I bet Aaron was absolutely fuming!!
You can't leave it like that. What's the story :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Billy Whiz wrote:
AJ HOLDEN wrote:And well done David for saving that poor womans’ blushes – I bet Aaron was absolutely fuming!!
You can't leave it like that. What's the story :D
The Theatre Manager came on to announce that Aaron would be taking over and she couldn't remember his surname so I had to shout it to her from the front row. I did apologise to her during the interval in case I had embarrassed her but she actually came to find me to thank me for helping her out.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

AJ HOLDEN wrote: It has been pointed out I am a jinx where 3 of my last 10 shows have seen Billy change mid show.
Don't know Alex, same thing has been pointed out to me too, actually I'm the Ollie jinx as both times I've seen him he's been injured (didn't have to leave the show though). I'm really terrified about Saturday...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
See you then!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Isn't that weird as I have seen the show well over 100 times and it has never happened to me.

Maybe I will cancel out your bad luck athadj and Alex.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Same here billywhizz.I've seen it over 100 times and never had Billy change thru the show xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1

Return to “Reviews Archive”