September 2010 - Reviews - London

burtond
Michael

Re: September 2010 - Reviews - London

Post by burtond »

athadj wrote:
AJ HOLDEN wrote: It has been pointed out I am a jinx where 3 of my last 10 shows have seen Billy change mid show.
Don't know Alex, same thing has been pointed out to me too, actually I'm the Ollie jinx as both times I've seen him he's been injured (didn't have to leave the show though). I'm really terrified about Saturday...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
See you then!
THats a point Athina, we need to eliminate any risks associated with Saturday, perhaps you should donate your ticket to the Big Issue seller and spend your evening in the little Greek Taverna arond the corner :lol: :lol: :lol:
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

pinknick103 wrote:Same here billywhizz.I've seen it over 100 times and never had Billy change thru the show xx
Good thing I won't be there Saturday. My "jinx" percentage isn't all that good, as I've seen the show about 30 times and have had 2 Billy changes (Corey Snide/Travis Yates and Tommy Batchelor/Trent Kowalik) as well as one other show that was stopped at the interval and not continued. :(
jogo30
Audience Member

Post by jogo30 »

Was there on Monday, too. And it was my first "Billy-Change"-Situation. But nevertheless Scott is an adorable Billy and I'm hoping I can catch him for a full show one time. But Aaron was adorable as well, cause I think it's not easy to put in during the running show (after the intermission I think it's easier). Phil was a great dad, and I could hardly contain myself to laugh constantly when he struggeld permanently with his shirt, which slipped out all the time (couldn't they sew adequate long shirts for the bigger actors?)

The Mr. Braithwaite cover (I don't know his name) was very funny.He protrayed Braithwaite as a slowcoach, but when he did "Boogie" he really was a rocket. :lol:
BETM-Counter: 25x London, 1x York (BYT)
Next planned visit: ???
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

burtond wrote:
athadj wrote:
AJ HOLDEN wrote: It has been pointed out I am a jinx where 3 of my last 10 shows have seen Billy change mid show.
Don't know Alex, same thing has been pointed out to me too, actually I'm the Ollie jinx as both times I've seen him he's been injured (didn't have to leave the show though). I'm really terrified about Saturday...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
See you then!
THats a point Athina, we need to eliminate any risks associated with Saturday, perhaps you should donate your ticket to the Big Issue seller and spend your evening in the little Greek Taverna arond the corner :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not funny David, simply not funny :x
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

I have never seen a change of Billy either.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
dutchboy
Audience Member

Post by dutchboy »

I saw handsome young Mr Aaron Watson perform as Billy for the first time on wednesday 22 Sept. He was absolutely fantastic. I'm so glad i got to see him now as i missed him by a day when i was in London early August. Aaron has loads of charisma and he smiles the whole time. He has been a long time coming but is now finally here and giving great energetic performances. I hope to see more of him in the future.

Dutchboy
All Property Is Theft Comrade
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

If any forum members are going to the 2.30.show tomorrow,25th Sept. could one of them give a short review by next Wed.
please,I was due to go, Seat B15, but my youngest brother died last weekend, so unable to attend
Victoria Palace has been very good, and changed my ticket to Oct 30th, many Thanks
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother, BILLYFAN. May he RIP. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm sorry to hear that as well BILLYFAN.

I am at the matinee tomorrow and I promise that I will write a review.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

So sorry to hear of your loss, BILLYFAN.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Reviews Archive”