Colin Bates

Westletonion
Miner

Re: Colin Bates

Post by Westletonion »

And I believe Colin was the first Billy to do the somersaults from the rear to the front of the stage at the final curtain call.

Indeed he was the first. Will be great to see him back again in the UK at some stage.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Westletonion wrote:It was great having had the opportunity of seeing Colin as Billy on many, many occasions. I used to like that extra somersault he did in the early stages of Swan Lake. He was a showman par excellence in my view.
You are VERY lucky to have seen him perform on many occasions. He was a very difficult Billy to catch!

Totally agree - He really was the perfect Showman!! ;)
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Muppet wrote: You are VERY lucky to have seen him perform on many occasions.
Yes, sixteen actually.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Ooooh...one more than me! Our paths must surely have crossed at the stage door or somewhere!? :D
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:D On the subject of how many times anyone has seen Colin, and also his somersaults, how many people were lucky enough to see him February 2008 come over with some of his schoolfriends from the Baltimore School for the Arts to take the lead parts in "High School Musical " at the Questors Theatre, Ealing. Colin played 'Ryan ' and was absolutely brilliant. I saw his four performances, and on his last performance he was given complete freedom at the front of the stage' to do his own thing ' It was a total ' blow away ' An unbelievable dancing display , and a vitual gymnastic display as well, impossible to count the somersaults etc . I shall never forget his amazing incredible talent ,and has been said, 'what a showman ' The theatre was in uproar.

" and we all go together when we go "
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Oh yes, I remember seeing you there Mike, although I only got to see 3 of his shows! He really camped up his 'Ryan' and it was great fun to watch! :D
EddieM
Small Boy

Post by EddieM »

Wanted to bring your attention to my post in What are you reading thread.
Check it out.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

EddieM wrote:Wanted to bring your attention to my post in What are you reading thread.
Check it out.
Yes, I think the boy on the book cover looks quite like Colin from behind too! ;)
colinbates817
Audience Member

Post by colinbates817 »

Hello this is Colin Here!
I just want to let everyone know that I am home practicing with the band and all is well...It's awesome so far........You can find us on facebook as soon as we start adding stuff! It turns out I am playing the bass sometimes and the guitar others......I just wrote a new song and tomorrow we are going to work on it in band practice!
wendy
Tall Boy

Post by wendy »

great to hear from you colin and keeping us updated,best of luck with you're song writing, glad to know its all going well
colinbates817 wrote:Hello this is Colin Here!
I just want to let everyone know that I am home practicing with the band and all is well...It's awesome so far........You can find us on facebook as soon as we start adding stuff! It turns out I am playing the bass sometimes and the guitar others......I just wrote a new song and tomorrow we are going to work on it in band practice!

Return to “Cast - London”