San Antonio, TX

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: San Antonio, TX

Post by kport »

mxmx wrote:Bummer! Boston is followed by a long break, as is L.A., which worries me because it makes it easier to close early if they don't have an engagement following immediately. Let's hope the schedule stays solid.
One of the bonuses of the SETA contract is that is is short term. (SETA = Short Engagement Touring Agreement.)

This allows more flexibility for breaks on the Tour without endangering its future.

In my opinion, it is healthy for the Tour to have breaks. The cast, crew and especially the kids run a grueling schedule and need time to decompress at home every two, three or four months. Think of it like being at boarding school, with extended home vacations during the school year. The analogy is apt.

To pace the show will extend....not shorten.....its run. Trust me. SETA makes this possible. The show is already attracting higher bummage on seats than the previous tour and should be able to sustain breaks without lowering the annual income levels.

An experienced runner paces him/herself. Those who pace, win the race. Don't worry!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

As emsemble member David Light's public Facebook post shows, the cast of BETM US/CA Tour are leaving a remembrance behind at the Majestic Theatre there:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

It's sad they only had seven performances in San Antonio. Most times shows find a way to fit in eight, even if they have to add some weekday matinees.
:/

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”