Japan

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Japan

Post by ERinVA »

I decided to open this thread for members to post their thoughts and prayers for the people of Japan. We have several Japanese forum members, including thelugi, whose birthday is coming up shortly. I hope you are safe, thelugi, and my heart goes out to you and your fellow countrymen.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Brad
George

Re: Japan

Post by Brad »

ErinVa - well done - what great sentiments. I actually watched events unfold live on tv friday night Australian time and the image of that tsunami sweeping across the land taking everything with it was something that will stay with me for a long time.

All the very best and my heartfelt prayer to our Japanses members and all those in the communities effected by the force of nature
Cheers

Brad
theluji
Small Boy

Post by theluji »

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Ive been in Toronto and enjoyed the shows just a month ago.
and I did not imagine that this happened.
It was very scary yesterday, then I am safe with my families now.
But it still continues, and I worry about the aftershock.
I hope there is no damage anymore.
I have to say this,
I am deeply grateful to everyone for your support from all over the world.
New York
Billy : David A x 4 , Kiril x 1 , Trent x 1.3 , Tommy x 0.7 , Liam R x 1 , Dayton x 2 , Jacob x 1 , Alex x 1
Michael : David B x 5 , Keean x 2 ,Trevor x 4 , Jake x 1
Tall Boy : Keean x 3 , Tommy x 2 , Kiril x 1, Kylend x 3 , Ben x 3

Chicago
Billy : Cesar x 2
Michael : Gabriel x 2
Tall Boy : Spencer x 2

Toronto
Billy : Cesar x 1 , Marcus x 1 , Myles x 1
Michael : Jack x 2 , Dillon x 1
Tall Boy : Dillon x 2 , Jack x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are safe, and I hope there will be no more damage.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Glad to hear you are safe, thelugi.

Rich
VaRus
Small Boy

Post by VaRus »

I worked for a year at the University of Aizu (the first university in Japan that's dedicated exclusively to Computer Science) which is located in Fukushima prefecture, not very far from a quake-damaged nuclear power station... And I only hope that my numerous friends and acquaintances are OK...
Valery
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Theluji: Have watched the catastrophic happenings in Japan with deep sadness and a heavy heart. Was so fortunate to have spent some time in your beautiful country a few years ago, wherein it was easy to fall in love with your gracious people and cultures. The pictures coming out of North Eastern Japan are utterly appalling and frightening. No one can imagine the depth and scope of the pain that the country is now experiencing. I'm sure all of us who so dearly love BETM, at this moment in time, very much would like to share some of those emotions with you and your peoples during these moments of incomprehensible life changing experiences. May strength and utter courage display themselves and continue to carry Japanese society through these moments, as it has done so often in the past. Deepest regards from the state of Indiana. Colin Stetson
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

My thoughts go out to all the Japanese people at this very sad time. I have met many Japanese people on my world travels and they have always been friendly, gracious and good company.

I am sat here watching the TV at the start of the England v Scotland rugby game and they are holding a minutes silence in respect to all the Japanese people.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

I don't really know what to say - the news is shocking and sad beyond belief. My heart and prayers go out to all the people of Japan.

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”