Premium Tickets

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
dongringo
Debbie

Re: Premium Tickets

Post by dongringo »

Ticketmaster U.S. gives the option to pick your own seat. You just click on the seat you want. If it's not a ticketmaster event then I always look up a seating map online then call directly to order the tickets so I can talk to someone about what's available. Otherwise you can easily get a much worse seat than what's really available. The only places I've seen premium seating are at venues/cities where there are a high number of event goers with a large amount of disposable income. In other words, there are plenty of rich people who will automatically pay premium prices for what they automatically think are premium seats because they are labeled as such. It's all about demographics. There's a lot of market research involved in this. Better just to call. Hope that helps.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

The last times I was in NY and San Fran we didn't have any problem getting discount tickets, which ended up to be really good seats, probably premium if ordered online. They were day of show tickets though. Guess it depends on the show. Some of the shows included Phantom, Night Must Fall, Amadeus, etc. and we never had any problem getting good seats at a discount. Don't know about BETM in Toronto though. It could still be too new. If they are easily selling out, there might not be much you can do.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

That is strange indeed. Need to crack the system. :ugeek:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

Well my experience buying tickets in New York is to one go to the TKTS booth. I got a10th row seat to see BETM musical on a Wednesday matinee for 50% off the regular price. And if you go in the half hour before curtain to most theatres they start releasing "House seats." which are seats held for special guests and the press and etc.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I got row AA in the orchestra in Toronto by calling. The seats were not available online, but I had no problem booking them over the phone.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The girl first offered me row C as she thought AA was too close, but I told her I wanted front row, so she sold me 21 and 22, right on the aisle as Billy comes down off the stage. And no, the seats were not premium price.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

shimmyshimmy wrote:
ERinVA wrote:I got row AA in the orchestra in Toronto by calling. The seats were not available online, but I had no problem booking them over the phone.
Yeah, good point. I've heard that people have more success calling than booking online, not just in Toronto (I probably made a mistake by not doing that when I booked Sunday's show). And I'm assuming by your comment that they didn't charge you premium price. I think some people are reluctant to book the first row. Billy fanatics tend to love it. First row is great at the Canon.
I do believe I mentioned to you the success rate of booking by phone a couple weeks ago, no? Nobody takes me seriously. Just sayin! ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I much prefer to call to book if I can. I even call London instead of booking online. 8-) I bought a calling card just so I could call the VP (I swear this is the truth!). I have used it for several years, and I still have lots of minutes left on it. :D
Ellen

cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Compelled to confirm this. Frankly, I would not settle for anything less than the best seat available particularly If I'm going to travel to Toronto from Northern Indiana. That would mean seats in one of the first three or four rows. After trying to get those decent seats over the Internet and being dissatisfied with the offerings, I called the box office, had a terrific conversation with a young man who got me Aisle seats rows BB and CC for the four shows I will be seeing on a weekend in a couple weeks. True, I paid premium price for them...but, even that price was considerably less than they were listed for over the net. Couldn't be more satisfied and I'm looking forward to that cherished weekend with great enthusiasm. Regards, Colin
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

ERinVA wrote:I much prefer to call to book if I can. I even call London instead of booking online. 8-) I bought a calling card just so I could call the VP (I swear this is the truth!). I have used it for several years, and I still have lots of minutes left on it. :D
We think alike Ellen. ;) I bought a calling card in order to book a couple concerts in Mexico City and Colombia. And of course it worked like a charm. Was able to pull up seating charts online of the venues and deal with the operator to get the best possible seats at the best price. I'll never order tickets any other way other than ticketmaster's method of picking your own seats, which is a good method as well.

Was going to say, "Great minds think alike," but it sounded to egotistical. :lol:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Toronto”