Newsies

Chat about other shows here
michaelJ
Tall Boy

Re: Newsies

Post by michaelJ »

There are leg grab tilts and tilts. Mitchell shows us his "no leg grab" tilt on his Instagram page:

http://instagram.com/p/atqzm-CvyG/

I believe we're getting way off the Newsies topic :shock:
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

While this is a bit of a detour from Newsies, there is educational value in it and I appreciate the responses that fill in some glaring holes in my dance terminology.

From the tutorial video that Ellen linked, pretty sure Hogan does a Side Leg Grab. He stays standing straight and best that I recall, lifts his leg without stepping forward. Perhaps we'll task whomever on this forum attends Newsies next to verify that info. ;)

Also, I have to credit a surprise source (British too!) for my knowledge of the Terpsichorean Muse. None other than Monty Python in The Cheese Shop sketch! :lol:
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Newsies will close on Broadway August 24, just in time for the national tour to begin this fall.

http://playbill.com/news/article/192699 ... oadway-Run

Giuseppe announced it on his Instagram as well:
http://instagram.com/p/pj0KkYxHjn/
:/
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I got my ticket just in time I will finally get to see it July 12th
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

jdmag44 wrote:I got my ticket just in time I will finally get to see it July 12th
Lucky!

There is a UK term for that:

'Jammy Bu@@er!'
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Finally got to see Newsies, just in the nick of time. I think many of you have seen it and have raved about it. I loved it. The sets were spectacular. They won't be able to take them on the road. The music is wonderful. I can't get the songs out of my head. There are no words for the dazzling choreography and amazing high energy dancing. WOW ,WOW, and Oh Yeh WOW

If you have not seen it ,watch out for the tour it may come to a city near you. DON'T MISS IT.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I saw Newsies in March when I did a theatre week in NYC and it was a great show. I really enjoyed it and the dancing was great. And I've absolutely fallen in love with the cast recording! Now that you've seen the show, I strongly recommend picking up the CD.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I saw Newsies in March when I did a theatre week in NYC and it was a great show. I really enjoyed it and the dancing was great. And I've absolutely fallen in love with the cast recording! Now that you've seen the show, I strongly recommend picking up the CD.
I have the CD it's great. I also got a copy of the original movie (I did not know about it) from 20 years ago with Christian Bale and Robert Duvall from amazon for $6

http://youtu.be/lqPuGMgT6yw

I got the Movie soundtrack for $3 and I like it more than the Broadway cast recording.
fifemajor
Small Boy

Post by fifemajor »

I am seeing Newsies tomorrow, July 21. Can't wait to see Giuseppe Bausilio perform in it.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I am seeing Newsies tomorrow, July 21. Can't wait to see Giuseppe Bausilio perform in it.
I hope you do get to see him At my show last week there was a replacement in his part.

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”