1st birthday celebrations

jen
Miner

1st birthday celebrations

Post by jen »

As the 4th birthday celebrations are coming up and we wonder what might happen I thought people might be interested in a review of the 1st birthday celebrations.

Gala Performance

What a fantastic time was had by all. You could feel the atmosphere as soon as you got to the theatre. A queue of the younger cast members were outside the theatre obviously on a high the chaperones were trying to get them all into the theatre without losing any on the way. Ticket front row of upper circle. Haven’t sat here for a long time but you did get a very good overall view of the stage if you can only afford a cheap ticket go for this first time round then try front row of stalls. People have given very detailed reviews so will post some random observations hope they all make sense.

I managed to miss James and George running around at the beginning also when they were sceneshifters etc during ballet school auditions. The ballet girls were great they really pushed George around a lot. It would take a very brave boy to stay in a class with that lot! Hope the girls in the boys own ballet classes were a bit nicer! George responded to the pushing around with lots of wonderful glares. Not sure quite how long George waited to reply in the f**ny scene but it was a long time! Loved George’s interaction with Haydn when she gave home the tape. You could really feel the sadness for a young boy who missed his Mum and the cuddles and affection that she gave him. Then angry dance was fantastic I had forgotten quite how good it was also how graceful and fluid George was with his ballet. Liked the spontaneous cuddles when he got his acceptance of his place at the ballet school. Would like to have heard his sing a bit more. George is a very talented actor but we mustn’t forget his singing and dancing talents. I felt that he hadn’t altered all that much since I last saw him on Dec 3rd and still didn’t look out of place playing the part.

I felt James had altered most of the Billy’s he just looked so much more grown up. He seemed to have filled out. His acting skills were superb and he did the reply in such a sensitive way. He seemed quite overcome with emotion at the end. I loved expressing yourself the tap was spot on and they both seemed to have such fun. I always like Brad as Michael he always plays him with a lot of depth. It was a shame that we didn’t get to see some of Jame’s superb gymnastic skills.

Liam was as fantastic as ever he seems to grow a bit every time I see him but is still able to carry of the part of a young teenager. I loved his grin at the end of electricity it was a big as George had at the same time on his official last night. I just don’t know how he put in such a consistent high standard all the time. His ballet is so superb it would be a great shame if he didn’t return to the royal ballet.

Overall a wonderful evening wish I could see it all over again so that I could see the bits I missed.

I went with a friend who was seeing it for the second time, she saw it in August and slough she enjoyed it she wasn’t widely impressed however by the interval she decided that is must have been an of evening for the cast on her first viewing as she now thought it was wonderful.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)

Return to “Reviews Archive”