April 2009 - US Reviews

clue
Tall Boy

April 2009 - US Reviews

Post by clue »

Since the April review thread wasn't created yet, I decided to create it and include a review done by a blogger.

http://hefhiro.blogspot.com/2009/04/dan ... -life.html
clue
Tall Boy

Re: April 2009

Post by clue »

It looks like I’ll have to start the review section for April after all.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 8pm
Billy: Trent Kowalik
Michael: David Bologna
Small Boy: Mitchell Michaliszyn

This is a very quick review of this hour. I hope it makes sense ... I am getting tired fast.

Haydn is back and there is a new person playing Mr. Braithwaite tonight.

Seats: I was sitting in Orchestra U16. (It is the last row of orchestra) Quite good seats actually … you almost see the whole stage.

Trent was on fire tonight. I saw Trent in late January and I really didn’t think it was possible but he got even better. Great show, Trent!!!!

Haydn is back and as great as ever. There was only a couple of times where one might noticed that she wasn't back at 100%. Modified parts of Born to Booggie and Hadyn did do the kick line as part of the finale. Welcome back, Haydn!!!

Mr. Braithwaite … grrrr … Didn’t get the name … sorry … I’ll get it…
He isn’t quite as over the top as Thommie in terms of some of the “crazy” dance steps but he did a great job. I am really happy that “baskets of pansies, Ladies” and Mr. B holds out his arms with the ballet girls part was added.

I can't end without mentioning David Bologna who continues to do almost every show as Michael recently and he is still enjoying it. David had a great night as usual. Trent and David worked very well together.

some more later

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

clue wrote:I am really happy that “baskets of pansies, Ladies” and Mr. B holds out his arms with the ballet girls part was added.
So glad that has been put in. I always wondered why it was left out in the first place :D :D :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

The "new" Mr. B is Blake Hammond. I just found out that he is the cousin of one of my good friends...What a small world!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the review, clue. Glad to hear that Haydn is back.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Billy Whiz wrote:
clue wrote:I am really happy that “baskets of pansies, Ladies” and Mr. B holds out his arms with the ballet girls part was added.
So glad that has been put in. I always wondered why it was left out in the first place :D :D :D
Had this part been removed from the London show too ? And if so, is it back in the show there too ?
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Todd wrote:
Billy Whiz wrote:
Had this part been removed from the London show too ?
Not in any of the shows that I have seen Todd.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Is the New York show still going? It's been very quiet in the review section. Come on you New Yorkers - get your fingers working on those keyboards.

johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Billy Whiz wrote:Come on you New Yorkers - get your fingers working on those keyboards.
I've heard the NY show has been so overpowering lately that it defies description. :lol:
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

seriously people, where are you? I know SOMEONE has to be going to the show!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.

Return to “Reviews Archive”