Closing????

rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Closing????

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I honestly can't see the show returning to Broadway... not for a while anyways. It was there for over 3 years and it closed for a reason, likely financial. I can't see the producers wanting to bring the show back where it's only been closed for a year or so.
My guess would be that maybe 5 or 10 years down the road when a production company need a good solid show that they can stage, they'd look at BE and think about a revival.
That being said... I would love to see the tour continue, AND have a broadway revival, AND have a Billion dollars. I'd settle for any one of those three.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I would love to see the tour continue, AND have a broadway revival, AND have a Billion dollars.
If you had a Billon dollars, you could be the show's "angel" and bring it back to Broadway. :lol: :lol:
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Well until I hear anything different I am still planning on going to Hartford.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As am I.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

porschesrule wrote:
rob_hanson1979 wrote:I would love to see the tour continue, AND have a broadway revival, AND have a Billion dollars.
If you had a Billon dollars, you could be the show's "angel" and bring it back to Broadway. :lol: :lol:

Thats one of the first things I'd do! And I wouldn't run it for a big profit or anything. I'd run it to break even. Any surplus would just be divided between everyone.
I'd also take the tour international. There are lots of countries in Europe that haven't had the show. I bet there would be a good market in South Africa too.
And I'd love to stage a production in Mexico. Even if it wasn't a long running version. Basically because I would love to hear a spanish language version of the songs!

After that I might pay off my credit card.
Mactor17
Small Boy

Post by Mactor17 »

I would love it to come back to Broadway, but I agree it will be some time. Maybe local profressional theaters like the PaperMill will put on the production if the tour does close in June.

Billy: Ben 4, Joseph 3.25, , Noah 2, Kyland 2, Julian 1.25, Tade 1.25, , Michael 1, Mitchell, Peter .5
Michaels: Cameron 5.5, Jack 2.5, Ethan 2, Sam 2, Jake 2, Ben 1, Keean 1
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This is an update to the information that Todd posted in early December:

I chatted with a guardian this weekend in Baltimore who told me the story. A few months back they were all told Vegas was the end. That explains what Todd heard personally and posted here. The company was not sure what was going to happen about Hartford.

More recently (within the past 2-3 weeks) they were told that they now go until Hartford. There is still a 3 week layoff after Vegas, before Grand Rapids and Hartford.

I heard nothing mentioned about any future scaled down or non-union version, but did not specifically ask about that either.

They are guessing the tour will end in Hartford but are not completely sure. Most of them (if not all) are on six month contracts, so they don't usually look that far ahead anyway. It sounded to me as if the cast would like to continue if possible. The conclusion I draw from this is that it seems likely the current tour will end with Hartford, but it is not 100% certain.

Chris
:/
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

From the information gathered on this forum, something is happening after Hartford. But, not to worry. The BETM tour has only been improving, and drawing more fans.

It seems that the tour can not make money under regular Actors Equity rules. And it is prevented from making decent profits under SETA rules. So there will be a change. I only hope that the quality and actor's pay will not suffer. But great art like Billy Elliot The Musical will never go away.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for that update, Chris. I think it's probably safe to buy tickets for Hartford now. 8-)

As for what will happen after Hartford, I assume that at some point it will be licensed out for performances by schools and local theatre groups, similar to the BYT productions that have been done throughout England.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I spoke to a member of the company during the Ottawa stop. Closing in May after Las Vegas had been discussed, but now it will continue into June. If you want to be at the last show of the North American tour, buy your tickets for Hartford!

Return to “International Tour Archive”