When are you going to see the BETM Tour next?

jdmag44
Michael

Re: When are you going to see the BETM Tour next?

Post by jdmag44 »

Not that anyone cares but I am having Breakfast at Mc Donald's on I 64E I am driving down to Clearwater to visit family and to see Billy Elliot. Just before I stopped I passed the Billy Elliot truck. I don,t envy those s guys who move and set up the show,but we can't do it without them. And I did bring my bloody bikini. Hope to see some of you there. I am still in disbelief over Drew and Mitchell and hope that I will get to see one or both in Clearwater (only 3 shows on this stop)

Joe
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

If the cast fly into Tampa early this afternoon, this is the weather they will find at Clearwater:

http://www.beachtourism.com/webcams/capture1.jpg

80 degrees and partly sunny. No chance of rain.

Hit the beach!!!

Those guys who transport the set must be in Illinois now, with 18 hours driving ahead of them without stops. Clearwater to Richmond will be less brutal - under 14 hours. Add to that the setting up and breaking down of the set, and you have to tip your hat at the hard life these guys have, with none of the limelight or thanks from the public.

Clark Transfer of Harrisburg PA specializes in this sort of work. This video will give you an idea of the specialized role they undertake:

http://clarktransfer.com/about/video

Thanks, guys!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link to Clark's website. It's really interesting. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

Sunscreen!!!!!!!

Post by tzwicky »

Sunscreen!

I gotta put in a word for sunscreen because there's only so much magic the make-up people can do if someone gets a fire engine red sunburn, not to mention that same person peeling in a week or however many days that takes. (Living down here in Florida, the sun has never been a big deal. At least it doesn't cause pipes to burst with ice)

Northern England boys from the period would certainly not be sun burnt.

Adults or kids ..... sunscreen #900 slathered on with a spatula sounds good.

tzwicky
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

kport wrote:
Those guys who transport the set must be in Illinois now, with 18 hours driving ahead of them without stops. Clearwater to Richmond will be less brutal - under 14 hours. Add to that the setting up and breaking down of the set, and you have to tip your hat at the hard life these guys have, with none of the limelight or thanks from the public.

Clark Transfer of Harrisburg PA specializes in this sort of work. This video will give you an idea of the specialized role they undertake:

http://clarktransfer.com/about/video

Thanks, guys!
the drivers are limited on the number of hours they can drive or be on duty. as a CDL holder there are strict laws you have to follow concerning the number of hours you may drive. if you have more than one driver in the truck then it is possible that the truck may keep moving except for breaks.

also i'm sure the local unions are the ones who supply the labor to load & unload the trucks and set up the equipment. when i saw the last show in Atl last march the local stage hands were already waiting outside at the start to load the trucks with equipment when it was no longer needed onstage.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: Sunscreen!!!!!!!

Post by LiamM »

tzwicky wrote:Sunscreen!
Yes, very important. When the show was in Toronto, I was chatting with the parents of one of the Ballet Girls. They said that part of the contract was to not get a suntan. It was a little tough on their daughter since her sisters were able to go out and enjoy the sun much more freely. The demands of show biz!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

angelenroute wrote:Well that seals it. If Billy Whiz is gonna be there, I don't want to miss out. :D
Sean, I'm flattered :oops:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
deebeeeff
Ballet Girl

Post by deebeeeff »

I am seeing BETM in Sacramento. I have tickets for Thursday (evening) the 11th of April thru Saturday the 14th.

BTW, I have 5 tickets for Saturday Matinee, in the second tier, for cheap cheap if anyone wants them. Tier 2, Row J Seats 46-50.
The Mini-Billython - Sacramento, Apr 11 - 13, 2013
"The Impossible" Hollywood Premier - Hollywood, Dec 10, 2012
Uncle Dave's 60th Birthday London Adventure - London, Oct 3 - 11, 2012
The Last Pirouette - NYC, Jan 5 - 9, 2012
Uncle Dave's Stealth Vacation - NYC, Oct 17 - 24, 2011
Uncle Dave's Liberation Celebration - New York City, Apr 11 - 18, 2011
Uncle Dave's Third Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 5 - 11, 2010
Fans in Denial - The REAL 5th Anniversary Show - London, May 6 - 14, 2010
Uncle Dave's Second Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 3 - 8, 2009
Uncle Dave's Memorial Weekend Big Apple Adventure & Billython - NYC, May 20 - 25, 2009
Uncle Dave's Birthday Billython - London, Oct 7 - 11, 2008
deebeeeff
Ballet Girl

Post by deebeeeff »

I have added Thursday Evening, April 11th to my list of shows in Sacramento. Might add matinee if I get there early enough.
The Mini-Billython - Sacramento, Apr 11 - 13, 2013
"The Impossible" Hollywood Premier - Hollywood, Dec 10, 2012
Uncle Dave's 60th Birthday London Adventure - London, Oct 3 - 11, 2012
The Last Pirouette - NYC, Jan 5 - 9, 2012
Uncle Dave's Stealth Vacation - NYC, Oct 17 - 24, 2011
Uncle Dave's Liberation Celebration - New York City, Apr 11 - 18, 2011
Uncle Dave's Third Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 5 - 11, 2010
Fans in Denial - The REAL 5th Anniversary Show - London, May 6 - 14, 2010
Uncle Dave's Second Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 3 - 8, 2009
Uncle Dave's Memorial Weekend Big Apple Adventure & Billython - NYC, May 20 - 25, 2009
Uncle Dave's Birthday Billython - London, Oct 7 - 11, 2008
michaelJ
Tall Boy

Post by michaelJ »

4 shows in Schenectady! Can't wait :D

Return to “International Tour Archive”