Greetings

A place for new members to introduce themselves
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Greetings

Post by 1RadBilly »

Greetings everyone!

My introduction to Billy Elliot The Musical came when I traveled to London to see U2 perform at Wembley Stadium two years ago this month (another great show!). A friend asked if I wanted to go to a musical and rattled off a few shows, one of them being Billy Elliot. I enjoyed the movie and Billy had just won several Tony awards for the musical so I wandered over to the Victoria Palace Theatre to grab a ticket. I had no idea what to expect as I had not read anything about the show, and I’ve only been to a couple of musicals in my life. Little did I know what was about to occur. I went into the theatre and saw that one Tanner Pflueger would be playing the role of Billy Elliot. Luckily I had a great seat only about ten rows back. All I can say is wow!!! I was so blown away it was unbelievable. Here I was watching this young kid give the performance of a lifetime. I was floored. I cried, I laughed, and jumped out of my seat for each of the three standing ovations that Tanner so deserved. The funny part for me was that the tears that strolled down my face weren’t because of the sadder parts of the show, it was his dancing that made me cry. I was totally blown away. Little did I know at the time that this amazing boy dancing on stage in London was actually from Nebraska! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read his biography. He had the accent down perfectly, granted I am an American so I was probably easily fooled! The show was absolutely fabulous and I was instantly hooked, I almost went back for a repeat performance that night but ended up savoring what I had just experienced. Thanks Tanner for your amazing performance and for turning me into a Billy Elliot fanatic!!
When I found out Billy was coming to San Francisco I couldn’t wait, my addiction was about to start!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum. :D So did you see many shows in San Francisco?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome, 1RadBilly. Glad you decided to join us and hope you'll post often and enjoy the Forum.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Welcome to the Billy fanatic family!

How many shows were you able to see in SF? And which Billys did you see?
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Welcome to the forum! :D

Rich
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Welcome to the Forum 1RadBilly.

I can understand you being hooked after seeing Tanner perform.

Strangely enough I came to London in 2006 to see The Eagles and decided to go to BETM the night before. The rest, as they say, is history :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard - enjoy the forum and the show!

So, how many shows did you see in SF??

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

I saw at least 10 shows. At first i bought tickets for three shows so that i could see the show once each month-- july, august and september--but that quickly changed after the first show and I went a little crazy when they cut the SF visit short by a month!
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

Greetings and welcome! Looks like you had a chance to meet Daniel Russell at one of the San Francisco shows. :)

Return to “New Members”