Hurricane Irene

dongringo
Debbie

Hurricane Irene

Post by dongringo »

Everyone OK on the East Coast?

How bad is it? I tend to distrust the news media.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: Hurricane Irene

Post by Rich B »

The eye passed 30 miles to the east of me(Va Beach, VA) and despite the torrential rains (we had about 6 inches), the winds were not too bad. But once the storm passed me and went up the coast during the night, the winds surprisingly got stronger and howled all night long. As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be surveying the damage outside. I'm hoping all I have to do is some yard raking. As for inside, all my ceilings are dry. ;)
dongringo
Debbie

Re: DELETE thread please. It's over!

Post by dongringo »

Thanks Rich. Glad you remained dry. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

We don't tend to delete threads where possible. I've archived it instead 8-)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I have moved this back to the active forum for a bit because although dongringo might think it's over, those of us who went through it wouldn't necessarily say that. As with Rich B., I came through the storm fine, but there was a lot of rain, and I mean a LOT of rain! Plenty of wind too, but not as bad as could have been. I kept my power throughout the day of the storm only to have it go out at 8 that evening when the eye had passed. As Rich said, the winds actually picked up at that point, which is what did it for the power here. Anyway, I have been without power until about 30 minutes ago. Now I get to toss out everything in my fridge. Well, it needed cleaning out anyway. :roll: Some other members up and down the coast have also been impacted by the storm, either by loss of power or by flooding, and perhaps some property damage, so we are not all back to things as usual just yet.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Glad to see you back online Ellen. Tending to this forum within 30 minutes of having your power restored. Now that's dedication! :D
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Not tending, actually. I just wanted to respond to that thread, as Rich was certainly not the only person who went through the storm, so that is why I pulled it out of the archive.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”