Tour Reopening Night - Nov. 1 - St. Louis

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tour Reopening Night - Nov. 1 - St. Louis

Post by ERinVA »

All the best to the US Tour cast and crew for their Reopening Night in St. Louis this evening.

Break a leg!!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tour Reopening Night - Nov. 1 - St. Louis

Post by porschesrule »

To the entire cast and crew of BETM - US Tour, best wishes for a successful and fun 2011-2012 season on the road.

Break a Leg!!!
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

porschesrule wrote:To the entire cast and crew of BETM - US Tour, best wishes for a successful and fun 2011-2012 season on the road.

Break a Leg!!!
Ditto .... break legs!!!
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

Break a leg, cast! Enjoy your big night tonight.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
balletgirlfan
Audience Member

Post by balletgirlfan »

Tonight (November 2) is actually the official opening night. (PS Show last night was great!)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

So this is the night when they have all the dignitaries, the party, etc. , I suppose.

Do you have a review of last night's performance for us, perhaps? If so, please add it to the thread for St. Louis reviews. We really want to know all about it. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

shimmyshimmy wrote:
ERinVA wrote:. We really want to know all about it. :D

We spent weeks agonizing over major changes, potential dropped routines. drastic revisions and such. We'd like to know if we had a reason for all that agony.
I hear ya ... not nearly as "changed" as I had feared. But the set is smaller (not as high) and no longer has hydraulics (or whatever) to move pieces on and off stage. This is now done manually by the actors. A few other minor changes in scenery as well. Overall, though, I think all performances were great--Ty and Ben were super as we're all other cast members. And keeping in mind this was a preview, I'm sure it will only get better.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I assume that making the set a bit smaller enables it to fit into fewer trailers. Moving the parts of the set in and out manually probably works just fine. Automation is nice, but to be honest, it's one more thing to break down. I am curious how the retraction of the walls works for Dream Ballet, though. Is that also done by actors or by stagehands in black?
Ellen

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I have only told one person this until now:

I had a nightmare about 3 weeks ago that the new tour was so horrific and drastically changed that the audience just left en masse within the first 5 minutes. :D Yes, smiling about it now but not during the nightmare! And yes, this is what Billy Elliot superfans sometimes have nightmares about. :lol:

First of all, the performance I saw in my nightmare was in a school gymnasium, audience in stands on either side of a large basketball court basically. Completely changed choreography and songs! So it was all new. And horribly so! It was awful!

Thank God I woke up and thank God the powers that be will once again be bringing us an awesome show! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

Despite the photo in BroadwayWorld (see link below), it is not believed that Michael will be appearing in St. Louis. :)

http://stlouis.broadwayworld.com/articl ... 3-20111031#

Return to “Special Show Nights - US/CA Tour Archive”