Site Admin

Re: 3rd Aniversity- November 15?

Post by ERinVA »

According to the Tracking Thread, it was Cameron. Check it out here:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 778#p65778
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Thanks!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I like to think that it was meant to be that I was there that night! It was amazing. There was something in the air! It was like... electricity!
I like to think the same about my very first Billy Elliot The Musical performance, in London of 2007. Because it was Jackie Clune's first night in the role of Mrs. Wilkinson, Stephen Daldry was there at the Victoria Palace Theatre for a speech before the show (much like you saw before the show on the 15th of November at The Imperial). And Billy that night was Corey Snide [pictured left], who hails from the Albany, New York area--a hometown Billy over in London and I got to see him! I've learned since that my enthusiasm for Corey's talent and charisma on stage is universally felt. As he's now taking classes at Juilliard, I hope to be able to see him perform again soon! [I missed him in 13 The Musical on Broadway.]

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I wonder if I was sitting near any of you! It's a small world, after all!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I wonder if I was sitting near any of you! It's a small world, after all!
I was in D13 in the Left Orchestra.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Get out!
I was in Orchestra left, B5. We were right behind Tade's mom!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:Get out!
I was in Orchestra left, B5. We were right behind Tade's mom!
I forget if she was there, was she? I knew his aunt and his little sister were there because I spoke to his aunt briefly after the show. I must have seen you then as you would have been right in my sight line haha.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

haha could have been his Aunt then. She was there with a little girl. I figured it was the mom.
You were proabbly literally a couple seats behind. I was there with my best friend.

There was a big group of people who were lingering in the theatre at the end of the show. Was that you guys? Were you doing something special with the cast after?
Your so lucky to get to know the cast. I'm sure it makes the show a much more personal experience!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:There was a big group of people who were lingering in the theatre at the end of the show. Was that you guys? Were you doing something special with the cast after? Your so lucky to get to know the cast. I'm sure it makes the show a much more personal experience!
I barely know the cast. I like to consider some friends, but not in an intrusive, obnoxious way. We're their biggest supporters and it is a wonderful "return gift" to have cast smile or point your way in recognition of your attendance.

I think the larger group that night was around Trent Kowalik's mom and dad in between right and center Orchestra. A bunch of us were also in the front left where you were. The cast party was at Sardi's, and no, we weren't invited for that. =) Those of us who the cast have gotten to know are like friends of the family and extended family, but as the core "immediate" Billy family of cast and crew deserves their own space and time, most cast parties would not be open to fans as well (which is normal and understandable of course).

Because of the diversity and sheer numbers of the Billy Elliot fan base, I'd guess the final weekend will include multiple celebrations, meals and time together. There are just so many of us now that multiple celebrations and mourning "parties" will take place. =)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jsd337
Small Boy

Post by jsd337 »

This is gonna sound incredibly creepy :lol: but I saw a number of you real major Billy fans who I recognize from videos and pictures. I was sitting right orchestra on the last seat of my row (row E, partial view) and I am sure HugsY2K was a few rows in front of me and I was beside someone that knew her. Not sure who this person was but she disappeared in Act 2, only for me to see her moved up to the front row with HugsY2K. Haha.

Return to “Special Shows - Broadway”