Hartford, CT

harryrobson
Audience Member

Re: Hartford, CT

Post by harryrobson »

Hi. Longtime Billy fan, new to the forum. I have 1 ticket for the Sunday night final show it Hartford. Sec E row G seat 124.
I can't go now, I'd like a true fan to be in that seat. It was $80, I'll take $60. Please message me if you want it. Thanks.

Ticket is now taken, thanks. I hope everyone enjoys the show! wish I could be there.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

As beautifully as Rich Hebert sings Deep Into the Ground, it is unfortunate that the scene does not lend itself to recognizing his fine performance adequately. Nor does his other musical number.

I'm normally not one for interrupting the natural flow of a show for self expression. However I would make an exception for what looks like the final North American performance. I propose at least for that Sunday night in Hartford, that we lead the salute to Rich as he walks offstage, after "Get your stuff...let's go home". He deserves it. (Or perhaps I should say, he richly deserves it :roll:)

While the close of that song appears to be a serious moment, we veterans know that it's a comedy scene that follows, so an ovation would fit right there.
harryrobson
Audience Member

Post by harryrobson »

Linda who sent me a message. Yes, but for some reason I can't send a private message. Could you please message me an email address? Thanks
Ticket is now taken, hope everyone enjoys the show.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

atreyu wrote:As beautifully as Rich Hebert sings Deep Into the Ground, it is unfortunate that the scene does not lend itself to recognizing his fine performance adequately. Nor does his other musical number.

I'm normally not one for interrupting the natural flow of a show for self expression. However I would make an exception for what looks like the final North American performance. I propose at least for that Sunday night in Hartford, that we lead the salute to Rich as he walks offstage, after "Get your stuff...let's go home". He deserves it. (Or perhaps I should say, he richly deserves it :roll:)

While the close of that song appears to be a serious moment, we veterans know that it's a comedy scene that follows, so an ovation would fit right there.

Good idea atreyu! The audience in Hartford that evening won't be stacked with nearly as many BETM fans as were at the final Broadway show. Still our group of 25 or so should be enough to guarantee an extra level of enthusiasm. :D

-Chris
:/
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Good idea atreyu! The audience in Hartford that evening won't be stacked with nearly as many BETM fans as were at the final Broadway show. Still our group of 25 or so should be enough to guarantee an extra level of enthusiasm. :D

-Chris
Come to think of it, Rich may have his own contingent of family and friends making the 2 hour journey from Quincy to see him one last time. If so, they will take the bait for sure. :)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

For anyone still looking for tickets for Hartford:

I found it best to phone the ticket office, and not use the online booking system. The lady who helped me was fantastic; there is no 'convenience charge' (surely an oxymoron, at $9 a pop!); she had access to available seats that the online system does not show; and she even gave me a slight discount for purchasing multiple tickets. All shows have some availability.

As there are fewer than ten days now, all late purchases will have to be on a 'Will Call' basis.

Box Office: (860) 987-5900
Toll-Free Outside Connecticut: (888) 824-2874

The Bushnell Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours are extended for most performances. The Box Office is closed Saturdays and Sundays except on performance days, when it opens at noon.
jakeu
Small Boy

Post by jakeu »

kport wrote:For anyone still looking for tickets for Hartford:

I found it best to phone the ticket office, and not use the online booking system. The lady who helped me was fantastic; there is no 'convenience charge' (surely an oxymoron, at $9 a pop!); she had access to available seats that the online system does not show; and she even gave me a slight discount for purchasing multiple tickets. All shows have some availability.

As there are fewer than ten days now, all late purchases will have to be on a 'Will Call' basis.

Box Office: (860) 987-5900
Toll-Free Outside Connecticut: (888) 824-2874

The Bushnell Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours are extended for most performances. The Box Office is closed Saturdays and Sundays except on performance days, when it opens at noon.
I must completely disagree. I called, was greeted by a rude CSR and offered inferior tickets at an increased rate. $95 over the phone vs $85 online plus the $9 convenience fee. I looked online and she was offering me tickets that were clearly inferior. I know that they probably have some flexiblilty as to what they can charge, but I did nothing to provoke the treatment I got. They must have been having a bad day.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

For those going to see the show in Hartford, you'll be glad to know the BETM trucks arrived there safely :P

http://instagram.com/p/as3ik8ltoY/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Arriving in Hartford Saturday morning.
Driving home after the Sunday night show.

I'm really looking forward to attending the Forum Gathering/Dinner on Saturday evening at 5:30! I'll be at the Saturday night show and both Sunday shows. It'll be a bittersweet weekend, but I know that most of us attending have seen the show far more often than so many across America and beyond who envy our position. So for that, I remain forever grateful for the many blessings received and friendships made because of this beautiful show. Forum members from around the country, the continent, and the world, you will, as always, be with us all in spirit! I promise to do my best to recount the goings on as best I can for you!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

porschesrule wrote:For those going to see the show in Hartford, you'll be glad to know the BETM trucks arrived there safely :P

http://instagram.com/p/as3ik8ltoY/
Then final load in ...........

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”