Hartford, CT

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hartford, CT

Post by CJ-Rochester »

jdmag44 wrote:I know that Sunday eve in Hartford is not “Officially” the last show for the tour but it sure looks like it. I was wondering who might star in that final show (Ben would have been my choice but that won’t happen.) I also wonder if there will be former Billies and former cast at the show ? Will there be something special done at the end of that show? The possibilities are exciting. I am so glad I got my tickets early.
I just looked back at the San Francisco review thread to see what was said about that 'final' show before the previous tour went into hiatus. The reviewers said it was a great show with lots of energy, but nothing unusual was done to note the event to the public. The audiences in each tour city are for the most part not BETM followers. After the show plays for a week in their city they have no idea where it goes next, and don't really care. Only in the stationary locations (NYC, London, Toronto, etc.) would it be a significant event to the public when the show closes.

I imagine Hartford will be similar to San Fran. The emotions of the cast will likely run high as they put their all into their final performance together. We may see some extra tears or hugs here and there. Certainly the two Letter numbers will likely have more than the normal amount of tears from Billy and Mum.

What will be different this time is at least 20 or so fans will be in the audience. When significant numbers of fans are present there is a multiplying effect in terms of audience enthusiasm. We as fans can show our appreciation to the cast by our reactions, applause and laughter. Casts feed off this audience response and energize their own performances. This makes for a great show, and an experience you will never forget!
--Chris
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

While it may be the last performance on the North American Tour, for many or all of the cast it will just mark a hiatus before regrouping for Brazil.

It will be interesting to see who will be going there.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Bringing this to people's attention again.
ERinVA wrote:Funny you should mention it. I have been waiting to propose a forum get together at Vito's By the Park between shows on Saturday. Here's their website: http://www.vitosct.com/park.htm

Once I know who wants to come, I'll call for a reservation. The Saturday matinee, which begins at 2:00, should be over at around 4:45, and the evening performance begins at 8:00. The original suggestion for the time was 6:00, but per a suggestion from CJ-Rochester, we are now looking at 5:30 instead since dinnertime at restaurants on Saturdays can be crowded and service slower. Thanks for the suggestion, Chris.

PM me if you would like to add your name to the list for Vito's By the Park on Saturday, June 22. I'll keep a list, and a few days prior to that Saturday, I'll call to reserve space.

Attending Forum Dinner at Vito's By the Park, 5:30 pm, Saturday, June 22:

ERinVA
jdmag44
johnnyc
steadmam
angelenroute
atreyu
Todd
Todd's friend
CJ-Rochester
Rich B
StevenKing
Billy Whiz
maria
Cherri
New York Fan
jakeu
michaelJ
fifemajor
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jakeu
Small Boy

Post by jakeu »

Just purchased my plane ticket for Hartford!! So excited! Count me in for the meet-up. Don't have tickets for anything but Sunday, so if anyone has an extra, let me know. I hope to get to at least 2 more shows. I'll be very disappointed not to see Ben, again but can't bear to think of BE leaving the US. Gotta see it just one more time...

Catching up with the thread:

As for those that are hoping the tour will continue: I highly doubt that it will. Most venues I'm sure have announced their 13-14 season and I honestly don't think the tour's been doing all that well in comparison to some shows. Just think of the costs! While in Sioux Falls, the theater was maybe half full for 2 performances, 3/4 full for the other - and that was just because it was subscribers' night The tickets for those performances were very cheap as well. $53 for front row! I know, I haven't been to all that many performances, but with the huge number of people to account for, its got to be expensive. I'm interested to see how the show does in Costa Mesa. That theatre looks phenomenal!

I tweeted once or twice with Christopher Howard. Apparently he isn't the permanent Older Billy for the rest of the tour. I tweeted asking why he was leaving the tour and he said he was staying through August. Who's the new older Billy? Another of ensemble? Surely if the tour was extended they would let the cast know.

If anyone wants to get together to Check out the Man V. Food joints, let me know. Or do anything else for that matter. I'm there from Friday night until early Wednesday, so plenty of downtime.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Chris was the understudy Older Billy. The original Older Billy, Max Baud, was out for a number of months with an injury, but he is back now.

We'll see you at Vito's on the 22nd. I'll add you to the list. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jakeu
Small Boy

Post by jakeu »

Just wanted to post this here:

"When does the tour end?

The tour will officially end at the end of August. We have about six weeks left of touring in Canada and the U.S. then a few weeks off. Then it will all end in Brazil, at which time I will be back in New York looking for another job."

http://www.ragemonthly.com/2013/04/18/t ... alifornia/

I could totally go for a vacation to Brazil!
michaelJ
Tall Boy

Post by michaelJ »

Sign me up for the dinner! Hope they can accommodate all of us. :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Done. :D
Ellen

mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Where is a good web site to purchase tickets for Hartford run? The Bushnell ticket buying page, which is the page the BETM site links you to, is simply awful. Instead of having to type in the "Secret Code" just once, you have to do it every time you look for a ticket. So, say you are looking for 1 ticket in the orchestra, you click on that section and hit CONTINUE and you have to type in the "Secret Code". Only to find out that there are no tickets in that section, so you are asked to choose another section. When you click another section it brings you right back to the "Secret Code" page! I JUST TYPED IN A SECRET CODE, why do I have to do it AGAIN?? What a complete PAIN! Not only that but when you finally find a ticket there is a button called "Seating Chart" and when you click on it to see where your seat is located you get a chopped up seating chart that gives you NO IDEA where in the theater your seat is located. :x
There MUST be a better site to buy regular priced tickets.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

You can call to book at 860 987-5900. You might want to try that instead of booking online. I agree the seating chart is pretty frustrating. The reason you have to do each ticket separately is because you can't get away without paying a separate service fee on each purchase. 8-)
Ellen

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”