2 Shows in NYC

Bill
Audience Member

2 Shows in NYC

Post by Bill »

I just got back from seeing Billy Elliot this week, 2X as mentioned in my first post. The first night Kiril was Billy along with Frank Dolce as Michael. On the second night (last night) I saw Trent again with Frank once again as Michael. This was my second time seeing Trent. He is a marvelous Billy as is Kiril. I did find Kiril a little easier to understand than Trent (speaking clearly, that is) but both were awesome. And of course, Frank, as did David, stole the scenes when they were onstage. They both really have a strong stage presence. I guess you'd need to for that role! It's really hard to pick a favorite Billy (or Michael for that matter). They both bring something special to the role. I hope to see the other two at some time before either outgrows the role!
I was glad to see the flying sequence in the Swan Lake ballet sequence this time. It was quite stunning! The first time I saw it (December) they didn't have that particular portion in the ballet. It reallly adds to the number and gives it a more dreamlike quality.
It also happened to a fundraising week. After the show each night they encouraged donations for AIDS victims, cancer etc. 10% of the money raised is also going to the town of Easington, where the story takes place, I believe to support the arts in that community. So for $20 I was able to get a program with all 4 Billys' signatures on it. I also purchased a copy of the coffee table book Billy Elliot Through the Lense which is apparently only available at the theatres (which explains why I wasn't able to find it online anywhere!).
But all in all it was great. I do hope to see it again now that I've overcome my apprehension and anxiety over being in the big city!

Thanks to all the welcomes so far. I'm looking forward to being a member here. I don't post too often but at least I have a place to now. Thanks everyone.

Bill

Return to “Reviews Archive”