ERinVA wrote: Look for Landon at 1.50.
Just a brief glimpse but quite impressive. :D
:/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Youth America Grand Prix

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Here are the men who will participate in the final round of competition tonight at Lincoln Center, per Youth America Grand Prix's public Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/YouthAmericaGr ... 1912693407

Junior Men Final Round -
151, 155, 158, 159, 161, 164, 168, 170, 173, 174, 175

Congratulations to Ethan (174) and Lex (175)!

https://www.facebook.com/YouthAmericaGr ... 1942088407

Senior Men Final Round -
325, 327, 331, 332, 335, 337, 340, 346, 353, 355, 357, 360, 362, 366, 367, 373, 374, 375, 378

Congratulations to Cesar (337)!
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

The YAGP men’s finals were available on pay per view through the YAGP web site, so I decided to spend the eight bucks and watch the BETM boys compete.
Of course, I am hardly an unbiased observer and I wouldn’t say I am an expert or anything , but I am a big fan and I am proud to say that I have seen all of the guys, with the exception of Ethan, on the Billy Elliot stage at one time or another, but let me just say that I think they were all fantastic.
The biggest surprise was Lex, he was SO good. Many of the 14 year olds would make small errors, but Lex was error free and very expressive. This street Billy has really embraced ballet, I admit that I was not expecting the grace and beauty he exhibited. He also received the biggest round of applause of any competitor.
Best costume goes to Landon, it appeared that he just spray painted his entire body with gold paint. He was athletic and strong as we have come to expect from Landon.
So the finals are tonight with Ethan, Lex , and Cesar still in the running. They have announced that the finals will not be broadcast due to “union regulations”
My money is on Lex !!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for the update, tankntonic.

Best wishes to Ethan, Lex and Cesar!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I don't have time at the moment for a full update, but I attended the finals at Lincoln Center last night and got to see Ethan Fuller, Lex Ishimoto, and Cesar Corrales all dance. I also saw Giuseppe as he was going into a party afterward in the second-floor lobby, called out to him, and he came over and chatted with us for a little while.

4 Billys! One great night!

The three Billys who danced last night all did very, very well, but I think all would agree Lex got the highest cheers for the night throughout his number. It was absolutely staggering, and I hope the judges were even half as impressed as we all were. Well done Ethan, Lex, and Cesar! And many thanks to Giuseppe and his parents for taking the time to chat with us as well. Such good, loving people.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The Youth American Grand Prix has announced winners of the finals. The only former Billy I see on the list is Cesar Corales who finished 7th in the Senior Men division:

https://www.facebook.com/YouthAmericaGr ... ion=stream
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Some things are best left unsaid, but I'll say a few words anyway. In my opinion, some of these results are just ridiculous. I'm no expert, but Giuseppe not even making it to the finals after what I heard was an outstanding couple of dances leading up to it + Lex not even getting listed there after the absolutely amazing dance I witnessed him perform at the Finals? I don't know if it's politicking or what, but I sure hope all of "our" Billys will keep their chins up high knowing they are superstar talents no matter what these results show!!!

Sean
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Here's a link to the specific post for the Senior Men category. Interesting the name of the second place finisher, a boy with the last name of Basilio from Switzerland. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/YouthAmericaGr ... 5494283407

GOLD - Joo Won Ahn (19) Korea National University, REPUBLIC OF KOREA
SILVER – Leonardo Basilio (19) Tanz Akademie Zurich, SWITZERLAND
BRONZE (tie) – Adhonay Soares da Silva (15) Bale Jovem Gustav Ritter, BRAZIL and Taiyu He (16) Liaoning Ballet Academy, PR of CHINA
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

I have to agree with Sean. Lex was deserving of at least a top five mention. This is very disappointing.
Oh well, I see he his back in SoCal hanging with Ben and Ky.
I hope he sticks with his ballet training and comes back next year.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

tankntonic wrote:I have to agree with Sean. Lex was deserving of at least a top five mention. This is very disappointing.
Oh well, I see he his back in SoCal hanging with Ben and Ky.
I hope he sticks with his ballet training and comes back next year.
Just so you don't get in trouble saying something about the boys without public verification, I posted a link in Lex's thread noting his visit with Ben.

Return to “General Chat”