Daniel Russell--Billy: Oz & US Tour

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daniel Russell--Billy: Oz & US Tour

Post by ERinVA »

Great to hear that Kiril was there.

Thanks for the youtube link, Steven. I definitely had never seen that one before.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

StevenKing wrote:Um...how did we miss this(or did we?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhS7xPGPDR8

Daniel in music vid of Jetty Road " The World Keeps Turning"
Country music band from Australia? Interesting! :P
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

BEtourfan wrote:
StevenKing wrote:Um...how did we miss this(or did we?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhS7xPGPDR8

Daniel in music vid of Jetty Road " The World Keeps Turning"
Country music band from Australia? Interesting! :P
American cultural imports are popular in Australia. We share the same pioneer instincts in our blood. We are both vast lands separated from the Old World by huge oceans - like clean slates upon which to create a nation. We tamed vast continents and did it through individualist blood, sweat and tears. These traits find a home in country music, and it is no strange thing that Australians would embrace it.

It is a great video.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Nicole Kidman is married to Keith Urban, so there must be some attraction there. ;)
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Um... I didnt see him at the theater last night.
mint002
Small Boy

Post by mint002 »

I am only reporting what I saw in the lobby last night, regarding Kiril... A few people recognized him and gave him a hug, etc. Take my report as you will :P
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Congratulations Daniel on such a great run playing Billy. You did it phenomenally. It was a privilege to see you perform back in April.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am only reporting what I saw in the lobby last night, regarding Kiril... A few people recognized him and gave him a hug, etc. Take my report as you will. :P
Well, we can conclude that either he was there, or he wasn't. That solves the problem. 8-) :lol:
Ellen

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Daniel Russell. I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform, although I did hear a small part of his performance live in January of this year in Charlotte, as the production's sound was piped into the lobby there...but I don't think that counts. ;)

But he strikes me as one of these quiet geniuses flying under the radar, not getting as much attention sometimes as he deserves, though certainly not neglected by the many loyal Billy fans either of course. And though the Tour's future is enveloped in a London fog at the moment, I join others who give a standing ovation from a distance for this great Billy! Great job, Daniel!!! And happy trails no matter what happens next! We'll be here supporting you through everything you do from here on in!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

angelenroute wrote:Daniel Russell. I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform, although I did hear a small part of his performance live in January of this year in Charlotte, as the production's sound was piped into the lobby there...but I don't think that counts. ;)

But he strikes me as one of these quiet geniuses flying under the radar, not getting as much attention sometimes as he deserves, though certainly not neglected by the many loyal Billy fans either of course. And though the Tour's future is enveloped in a London fog at the moment, I join others who give a standing ovation from a distance for this great Billy! Great job, Daniel!!! And happy trails no matter what happens next! We'll be here supporting you through everything you do from here on in!

Sean
I agree with everything you say, Sean, and had the pleasure of seeing five performances with Daniel as Billy in Tampa. He fought to become Billy (always thwarted by that wretched tape measure) and finally found his dream, only to see it end with the closing of the Melbourne production after only a few dozen performances. Then, as luck would have it, he was called to return to join the US Second Tour. Talk about the 'come back kid'! 'Quiet leadership' seems to be apt; professional to the core; a real trouper. I too wish Daniel well; I am sure he is eager to reconnect with his high school mates back in Umina Beach (where it is winter!) and, having seen photos of the beach there, I wouldn't blame him! Work on those animations and keep directing videos, Daniel. Who knows - you may be back to intern at Pixar Studios some time in the future! Good luck! Be a kid for a while first, though! Take some time for yourself. You deserve it!

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”