May 2009 - UK Reviews

Clazzimay
Small Boy

May 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by Clazzimay »

Great reviews in April everyone. What does May bring?
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
pinknick103
Tony

Re: May 2009

Post by pinknick103 »

Friday 1st May

Brad, George and Megan
Tyler as tall boy, ??? Connor as small boy
Barnaby as older billy,
Gillian as Mrs W

1st time in seeing Brad tonight. So pleased when we got to VPT and saw his name on the board - have been trying to see him and Tanner for weeks now !!!! 1st thing I though was how much he looks like Colin Bates. Love his highlights.
Show was amazing - very impressed with Brad. Havn't seen a ballet Billy since Corey, and I was blown away by his electricity. He was literally smiling/laughing by the end of electricity when the applause went on for ages.
Express is always a favourite of mine and tonight wasn't any different. George really is a fantastic Michael. Adds so many extra touches which just make the song that much funnier. I particularly like how Brad says red is his colour when Michael says he looks gorgeous!!!Extra funny bit today - the hairband fell down, covering Georges eyes like sunglasses. He kept going for about 30 secs with them like that. Was so funny - so well handled, I think the audience thought it was part of the act. Only one joke today - that was the flat miner joke !!! George got a brilliant cheer as he left the stage.
f**ny line - one of the funniest Ive seen. Megan stood with her arm up against the door, in a flirtatious kinda way, and while she was waiting for Billy's reply, she kept lifting up her tu tu !!! Was so funny .
Connor as small boy very sweet. Was quite funny as he kept yawning and rubbing his eyes - bless him.
Ballet girls on top form tonight - I don't know the name of the team, but its the one where the keely gibson wears glasses and puts her finger up at Mrs W as she leaves to go home and get her shoes.
All the cast were brill tonight. Was as always a fantastic show.
Swan lake with Barnaby was a joy to watch. Barnaby is such an amazing dancer - all the Billy's must really look up to him. Im sure he is lovely to work with.
Unfortunately, didn't get any photos with Brad - the chaperone that was with him marched him straight on to the bus !!!!
Looking forward to 12/5/09 xxxxx
sfo
George

Post by sfo »

great review pinknick103
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

pinknick103 wrote: I particularly like how Brad says red is his colour when Michael says he looks gorgeous!!!

Unfortunately, didn't get any photos with Brad - the chaperone that was with him marched him straight on to the bus !!!!
Looking forward to 12/5/09 xxxxx
I lovee that bit too :)

Did Brad come out the front or stage door?! I never know where to wait if i want to meet them! Last time was very annoying, we waited out front for Brad and Michaels etc.. and we were told to wait at stage door.. so we did.. and then a few minutes later we were told that he had gone out through the main door :roll: :(

Anywayy, fantastic review :)
x
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The chaperones bring the kids out the front door pretty much all the time. They rarely come out the stage door any more. Except for Fox and Tom, who are met by their parents (and that happens more with Fox than with Tom), you are not very likely to get to meet them any more. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

The weird thing is, i've seen Fox twice, and both times he was out at the front rather than stage door.. but then i've seen him in many photos at Stage Door - it's a shame that they often have to go out the front to catch the bus, it would a lot easier if they all went to stage door. Then again, i must respect their privacy.. must get tiring/tedious signing for ages
x
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

The only time I've seen the kids after a performance was the first time I saw Billy, in Nov (I only saw them that time cause I was buying all the merch, haha). Anyway, it was Tom and Fox who walked past and they went out the front door!
Charlotte x
electric
Small Boy

Post by electric »

After the show on Saturday night I had to visit the loo, and when I walked out the exit that's right by the stage door I saw both Fox and Tom leaving. Fox ran off, and Tom was talking on a phone. There was no one waiting at the stage door to pick up Tom, he walked off by himself but was soon affectionately greeted by an older couple (grandparents, maybe??)

Then when I was waiting to cross the street in front of the theatre a car drove by, and Fox was inside :)

And that's my Saturday night review of the VPT stage door...I didn't want to bother anyone, so I merely just observed. Maybe I will eventually write reviews to some of the actual shows that I saw last week (6 in total) :D
London:
Billy: Tanner x2, Fox x2, Tom x2, Brad x1
Micheal: Lewis x3, George x3, Dean x1

New York:
Billy: Trent x1
Micheal: Frank x1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Please do! We always want reviews. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

chocchipcookie26 wrote: I never know where to wait if i want to meet them! Last time was very annoying, we waited out front for Brad and Michaels etc.. and we were told to wait at stage door.. so we did.. and then a few minutes later we were told that he had gone out through the main door
I normally look for the Billy Bus, which is a mini van. Usually it's parked in front of the theatre after the show, so you know they're going to come out that way. The exception would be any of the kids who are being picked up by their parents, as mentioned before.

Return to “Reviews Archive”