Site Admin

Appleton Reviews

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a very positive review from Fox Cities hub:

http://appletonhub.postcrescent.com/art ... NTPAGE%7Cp
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Appleton Reviews

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:Here's a very positive review from Fox Cities hub:

http://appletonhub.postcrescent.com/art ... NTPAGE%7Cp
This is a great review - one of the better ones I've read lately from media outside of our own member reviews.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Yes a very nice review. This reviewer really gets the story, and was very taken in with Ty. :D

Interesting that Susan Haefner and Sasha Ely-Judkins now appear to be officially sharing the role of Mrs. W. I think it's pretty rare for anyone to criticize the person playing this role. All previous accounts for both of these actresses have been quite positive.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Interesting that Susan Haefner and Sasha Ely-Judkins now appear to be officially sharing the role of Mrs. W. I think it's pretty rare for anyone to criticize the person playing this role. All previous accounts for both of these actresses have been quite positive.
I agree, Chris. It's odd how the reviewer says about Sasha " it is obvious that Ely-Judkins is not a dancer", especially since her primary function in the show (when not u/s to Mrs. W) is as an ensemble member.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I note that there are three Billys at the moment. Is there one 'in the wings'?
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

kport wrote:I note that there are three Billys at the moment. Is there one 'in the wings'?
There are two in the wings, Ben and Noah, per previous posts on this forum. The cast website has not been updated to show this. It is horribly outdated.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As a rule, the website doesn't list Billys until they have debuted. However, that isn't meant to disagree with the fact that it is outdated. It's almost always outdated.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It seems to me that three is cutting it a bit thin.......that works out at 2 2/3 shows per week (up from the usual 2) ... all manageable in the short term BUT if one has an injury, there is little backup. 3 out of 4 is the minimum when one of the four has an injury. I know that performing rules in London would not allow more than 2 performances a week on average without special dispensation. No doubt the Tour people are on top of this and I keep fingers crossed that the three Billys remain fit and happy.......they are troupers!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I guess they figured they could manage two stops without a fourth Billy, but this will be rectified soon.

London went with three Billys (and three Michaels and Debbies) from the first preview in March, 2005 until September, when James left and Leon Cooke debuted. Even then, they still had basicallay three Billys up through December of that year, although James did return for some performances while Liam was out. It was not the best of situations, but they managed. However, soon after that, the London production went to four Billys for their regular rotation, and four still seems to be the optimum number, although at times they have had five for a limited period, as they currently do. The Broadway production similarly began with three Billys in 2008, and did not go to four until early in 2009 when Tommy Batchelor began performing as the fourth Billy. Again, as with London, four seems to be the optimal number, but they can get by with three (and a prayer) for a while.
Ellen

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I entirely agree with you, but there IS a huge difference between a Tour on the road, and the 'Mother Ship'.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”