Drew Minard - Billy

Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Re: Drew Minard - Billy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

At the Sunday evening performance last night in Richmond, I was extraordinarily privileged to be witness to an extraordinary performance By Drew as Billy. I'm still so overwhelmed by Drew's astounding portrayal that of yet I've been unable to find words to describe Drew's amazing achievement other than reverting to tired old clichés. "Hit it out of the park", "burst the bubble", "broke out of the water", "knocked down the walls", "home run", "nailed It" are all phrases among others that constantly came to mind as I watched this magnificent performer give a masterful performance.

Like Noah the day before, Drew left the audience in no doubt that on stage he was Billy incarnated, the very embodiment of Billy in mind, spirit and body. Like the other tour Billys, a superbly talented performer with a superb future.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Billy Fanatic wrote:At the Sunday evening performance last night in Richmond, I was extraordinarily privileged to be witness to an extraordinary performance By Drew as Billy. I'm still so overwhelmed by Drew's astounding portrayal that of yet I've been unable to find words to describe Drew's amazing achievement other than reverting to tired old clichés. "Hit it out of the park", "burst the bubble", "broke out of the water", "knocked down the walls", "Home Run", "nailed It" are all phrases among others that constantly came to mind as I watched this magnificent performer give as masterful performance.
Like Noah the day before, Drew left the audience in no doubt that on stage he was Billy incarnated, the very embodiment of Billy in mind, spirit and body. Like the other tour Billys, a superbly talented performer with a superb future.
Ain't that the truth! Finding the superlatives and putting one's finger on exactly what makes a Drew performance so special can indeed be a challenge. All I can add is just the description of the thrill it is to experience the show with Drew on stage.

I think one standout feature of Drew's is the graceful procession of his pirouettes, almost always changing an arm position or leg position or both from one pirouette to the next. Combine this with the number of pirouettes he does to close Electricity, it is truly mesmerizing.

I can also report that Drew is no longer sporting a crew cut. His hair is similar to Noah's typical length. As such, "jarring" is no longer even remotely applicable, a point that lasob made earlier.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

that's good, it should hide the microphone a bit better :-)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Drew is featured in this advance piece from the Calgary Sun:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/03/22/te ... stage-show?
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Great article, and awesome photo!!!
:/
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

YES that picture is awesome. His head is only inches from the floor.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The ABC TV (WZZM 13) outlet in Grand Rapids interviewed Drew and Janet Dickinson on the morning show there:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/2589 ... lly-Elliot
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Drew performing the "Billy Jump" outside the Bushnell Theatre last night after his final performance on the North American Tour.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Great picture David! :D
The stage door scene last night was one of the best I have ever seen on the tour. People lingered and chatted for quite a long time. Drew was very accommodating to friends and fans who wished to congratulate him or get a photo.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That's a great photo, David!

Chris, I agree that last night's show was fantastic.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”