Post by porschesrule »

Happy Birthday, Thommie!!!

May it be your best one yet.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Thommie Retter

Post by CJ-Rochester »

After Thommie's first adult workshop in June 2010 the fans who went to the show that night will recall that we had a buzz going around that we would show some extra appreciation for both Thommie and Tessa. This resulted in some enthusiastic applause at the "spastic starfish" line, and at Mr. Braithwaite's entrance after being detained at the Rose & Crown (after "The Letter"). Both Thommie and Tessa were moved beyond belief that we gave them a recognition that is usually reserved for big celebrities. Their tweets and FB posts indicated this was a highlight of their careers.

I believe we fans should do the same for our Mr. Braithwaite at tonight's show, as a thank you for all of his support of us, and for the special effort he put forth in creating this afternoon's "Farewell Celebration" workshop. Many folks will not get to read this as they are traveling, so let's spread the word. :)
-Chris
:/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Count me in Chris :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Many folks will not get to read this as they are traveling, so let's spread the word.
Had planned to anyway, but will try to remember to remind others too.
BillyElliotLover
Small Boy

Thommie Retter

Post by BillyElliotLover »

Thommie Retter just posted this up on his public twitter:

"Just finished with Billy Elliot on Broadway, tomorrow I meet up with Billy Elliot on tour. I'm headed to DC..."

everyone should catch him in DC before he goes back to NY! :)
"I DONT WANT A CHILDHOOD, I WANT TO BE A BALLET DANCER"
I <3 BILLY ELLIOT

June 12th, 2011- Peter Mazurowski/Neil McCaffrey/Ben Cook
December 13th, 2011- Ty Forhan/Jacob Zelonky/Lex Ishimoto
January 3rd, 2012- Ty Forhan/Ben Cook/Kylend Hetherington
January 13th, 2012- JP Viernes/Ben Cook/Lex Ishimoto
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It is my understanding that Thommie will be in the touring show only for a week or so, so catch him in DC if you can.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Now that Thommie's stint with the US Tour cast has ended, he's posted a wonderful picture montage of his time with that production on his public Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

porschesrule wrote:Now that Thommie's stint with the US Tour cast has ended, he's posted a wonderful picture montage of his time with that production on his public Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
What is the 'Expressing Yourself' dancer listed on the cast board? Has 'it' taken the place of the 'Dresses' on the Tour production?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I believe the ensemble members who are the dancing dresses are all called "Expressing Yourself Dancers". The reason Kent Lewis is listed on the cast board in that picture is that he's a swing who was filling that track for one of the regular ensemble members that day.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

"Expressing Yourself Dancers" has always been one of the ensemble categories listed in the program, for all of the North American productions.
:/

Return to “Cast - Broadway”