Stripey Shirts Inquiry

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Stripey Shirts Inquiry

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I think they should make adult sizes of the stripey shirt as well.
I bet it would be a big seller at the Merchandise Stand!
Would be an awesome way for fan to subtly show their love for Billy Elliot at work/school/wherever without having to wear the logo shirt all the time.
Eltonjohn
Miner

D.I.Y. Finale Stripey Shirt

Post by Eltonjohn »

So I bought some materials to make a facsimile stripey shirt today. Depending on how well that goes, I may even go back to the sewing supplies store for material for a mini tutu.

Step 1 was research (on the forum) including close up images so the colour schemes could be analysed. E.g. The so-called 'red' stripey shirt is actually red with blue accents.

MATERIALS

Step 2a was picking up a good used plain white polo style short sleeve shirt to serve as the base for the look alike repro BE artifact. (Sally Ann Thrift Shop $4.00). Washed and dried it.

Step 2b was buying a ribbed knit collar for the polo shirt in red to replace the white one. I got a second collar for material for the red button placket.

Step 2c was to buy enough stripey material in red (in the same shade of red as the replacement ribbed knit collar) and blue. I chose seam finishing tape (a type of uniformlly narrow cloth ~1 cm / 1/4" in width that is sold by the meter or yard at yard goods (i.e. sewing supply) retailers in various colours and shades. 4 meters / 160" of each.

And I got a strip of ribbon-like red material about 8cm / 1 1/2" wide for the argyle pattern; the strip is slightly wider than the shirt.

The stripey materials were ~$5 or so.

I have suitable red, white and blue thread already so didn't need to buy any.

I wish I could post images right into the text of this post, but I guess I will have to submit them for the gallery co-ordinator and cross reference them somehow.

So Stay Tuned >>>>
>>>> for update/progress posts
as I work through this knockoff project.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

You can post images into a post by using a site like photobucket or imageshack. I use photobucket. Once an image has been uploaded to photobucket, you choose the IMG option below the photo and copy it to your clipboard. You then paste that code from your clipboard into your post, and your photograph will appear in the post.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

London Stripey Shirts Update

As the London Show Stripey Top expert (aka nerd) here is an update to the list after the debut of 33rd London Billy, Ali Rasul

As from Monday 13th May 2013
Ali - Red (debut May 2013)
Harris – Light Blue (has worn since debut in February 2012)
Harrison – Light Blue (has worn since debut in May 2012)
Redmand - Red (has worn since debut in August 2012)
Tade - (wore Red Top on Broadway and wore Red Top from 6th February (London Debut) until 27th February 2013.
Has worn Light Blue from 28th Feb).

Cheers,
Keefy
:D
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

As the London Stripey Top...ahem..'expert' here is an update to the list after the debut of 34th London Billy, Elliott Hanna, and in some shocking news :o a stripey top makes a return.

Oh yes, just when we thought the Navy/Dark Blue top was missing in action or was hiding in Nandos or had been stolen by some ex-Navy Blue wearing Billys it has finally made a return to London after an absence of 22 months (last seen in September 2011).
Therefore, all three stripey top colours are now back in action in London.

As from Wednesday 17th July 2013

Ali - Red (has worn since debut May 2013)
Elliott - Navy Blue (debut July 2013) (Thanks very much to dancingboy for the info)
Harrison – Light Blue (has worn since debut in May 2012)
Tade - (wore Red Top on Broadway and wore Red Top from 6th February (London Debut) until 27th February 2013.
Has worn Light Blue from 28th Feb).

Here is a picture of London's newest and the youngest ever Billy wearing his Navy top in the official production photographs of Elliott and Demi published on Billy Elliot the Musical's public Facebook page.
(Photographs © 2013 Alastair Muir)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 560&type=1

Cheers,
Keefy
akugafi
Small Boy

Post by akugafi »

Such an interesting thread :)

I guess the fans from this forum can all get togther n wear stripes shirt for an outing to the theatre. Any color as long as it is striped. That would be fun. :P
akugafi
Small Boy

Post by akugafi »

Ouhs btw, red stripey shirt reminds me of Freddy Krueger :P :shock:
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

As the London Stripey Top...ahem..'expert' here is another update to the list after the debut of 35th London Billy, Bradley Perret on 13th November 2013.

As from Wednesday 13th November 2013

Ali - Red (has worn since debut in May 2013)
Bradley - Navy Blue (debut November 2013)
Elliott - Navy Blue (has worn since debut in July 2013)

Here is a picture of London's newest Billy wearing his Navy top in the official production photographs published on the BETM public Facebook page. (Photographs © 2013 Alastair Muir)
https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotthe ... tos_stream

Cheers,
Keefy
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

As the London Stripey Top 'expert' here is another update to the list after the debut of 36th London Billy, Mitchell Tobin on 9th December 2013.

As from Monday 9th December 2013

Ali - Red (has worn since debut in May 2013)
Bradley - Navy Blue (has worn since debut in November 2013)
Elliott - Navy Blue (has worn since debut in July 2013)
Mitchell - Navy Blue (debut December 2013)

The Light Blue Top is having a well earned rest.

Cheers,
Keefy
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

The Light Blue Top is having a well earned rest.
Clearly, there are no Cantab. aspirants amongst the Billys.......just Oxon., and Liverpool......

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”