Billy Camp - Finis Jhung

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Billy Camp - Finis Jhung

Post by Eltonjohn »

Does anyone recognize all of the B.I.T.s (Billies In Training) in these shots with Finis Jung shown in this flickr album? Cesar is in the foreground of one shot en attitude / arabesque.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94622508@N06
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Billy Camp - Finis Jung

Post by ERinVA »

I am going to move this to Information/Questions About BETM.

In the first photo, the blond boy is Joseph Harrington, but I'm not sure about the other boy. Is it Landon, perhaps? In the second photo, Cesar is on the right, Giuseppe is in the middle, and I'm not sure who the third boy is. Does anyone recognize him?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I believe the third boy in the middle picture is Peter Mazurowski.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Could both 'unknowns' be Peter, taken from different angles? I see the likeness to Landon in the first, but I am not entirely sure.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I think Landon harris is in the first picture and Peter mazurowski is in the second one.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I agree it's Landon in the first photo. Compare the hair, eye brows, and shape of his nose and chin from this one on his Facebook fan page from 2011:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

For the second photo, consider the timing of when it might have been taken. Cesar and Giuseppe were in training between fall 2009 and spring 2010. That was long before Peter came on the scene. I am quite sure the other boy is Jacob. He was in training November 2009 to April 2010, around the same time as the Chicago Billys.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:In the first photo, the blond boy is Joseph Harrington, but I'm not sure about the other boy. Is it Landon, perhaps?
mrmikerocks wrote:I think Landon harris is in the first picture and Peter mazurowski is in the second one.
CJ-Rochester wrote:I agree it's Landon in the first photo.
For those who thought the boy in the first picture was Landon (along with Joseph Harrington), I had the opportunity to ask Landon about it, and with his permission here's his reply:

"Yes. It was in NY. Around May 2010 when they brought me in to teach me Angry Dance. They had me attend ballet and acro classes while I was there. This was a ballet class. I was there about 2 weeks that time. I remember working on Memorial Day. It was very intense training for a very intense and violent dance."

Thanks, Landon, for definitively putting this question to rest. :)
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I think the boy in the second photo looks more like Jacob Clemente than Peter Mazurowski. But the timing might not fit for that.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Billy Camp - Finis Jhung

Post by ERinVA »

This is a feature that was done about Finis on the CBS Morning Show back in October 2012. While it isn't about Billy Camp, it does talk about his work training the Billys, and there is a brief bit featuring Joseph Harrington.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id= ... %3Blst%3B1
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Billy Camp - Finis Jhung

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Thanks porschesrule for pursuing the question with Landon. We don't know that the second photo was taken at the same time. In fact it could not have been taken in May 2010, as Cesar and Giuseppe would have been performing in Chicago. The second photo had to have been taken prior to March 2010, at a time when Cesar, Giuseppe and Jacob were all in training.
:/

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”