Four Millionth Audience Member

Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: Four Millionth Audience Member

Post by Rich B »

patc wrote: Looking forward to sharing the same with all our visitors from across the pond on 11th May weekend. Perhaps we should organise a route map for them so they can actually find the theatre among the rubble and not end up in "prohibited premises" across the road. Apparently, if the rumour machine is to be believed, someone made that mistake fairly recently but legal constraints prevent a naming and shaming :D.

Pat
A map might be a good idea, Pat. I'm afraid I won't recognize the area anymore. :? It's usually a five minute walk from my hotel to the theatre. Should I allow an hour now? ;)
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

A map might be a good idea, Pat. I'm afraid I won't recognize the area anymore. :? It's usually a five minute walk from my hotel to the theatre. Should I allow an hour now? ;)
Well, Rich, depends on what hotel but, as a rule of thumb, if exiting Victoria Station by the front exit go straight across the road - mind the buses (big red things :D) - and this should get you to a position across the road from the theatre (theater :D). The next step will depend on what the actual construction plans are for that day. Be advised that a trip to either Nandos or Waggas will require extra time as you must go via Westminster Cathedral :D.

A cautionary note. On exiting the station do not turn right. Forum cameras monitor this area 24/7 :D

Looking forward to the big weekend.

Pat
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Still sad to think of my favorite London pub - The Duke of York - being reduced to a pile of rubble. Is that still the plan, or are they going to incorporate the building into the new construction ? I would think it would be hard to tear down the Duke of York building without damaging the Victoria Palace Theatre.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Todd wrote:Still sad to think of my favorite London pub - The Duke of York - being reduced to a pile of rubble. Is that still the plan, or are they going to incorporate the building into the new construction ? I would think it would be hard to tear down the Duke of York building without damaging the Victoria Palace Theatre.

The pub still stands, Todd, and will, as far as I know, be refurbished, at some stage. Maybe I, or someone, can take a couple of photos of the area when we are next at the VP and post these for all to see.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

dancingboy wrote:
Todd wrote:Still sad to think of my favorite London pub - The Duke of York - being reduced to a pile of rubble. Is that still the plan, or are they going to incorporate the building into the new construction ? I would think it would be hard to tear down the Duke of York building without damaging the Victoria Palace Theatre.

The pub still stands, Todd, and will, as far as I know, be refurbished, at some stage. Maybe I, or someone, can take a couple of photos of the area when we are next at the VP and post these for all to see.
Please- somone take some up to date pics for us ;)
Cheers

Brad
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's the thread about what is going on in the area. Thanks to patc for some good video. :D

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 8&start=40

Perhaps someone has some updates to post in that thread.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

dancingboy wrote:

Wow, that's very good news ! I was thinking I had seen on here awhile back that the building would most likely be demolished. Hopefully I will yet again be able to enjoy a pre-show dinner there before heading over to the Victoria Palace Theatre !
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thank you, Brian. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”