Ali Rasul - Billy

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Ali Rasul - Billy

Post by Billy Whiz »

WOW!

Well done Ali on your debut last night. If they had not made an announcement before the show then not one person in the theatre would have known that you were making your debut - apart from us fans who had seen it on the internet :D

All facets of your performance - singing, acting and dancing - make you a true triple threat and I look forward to seeing you again in the coming months.

Congratulations also on being the first Billy Elliot in the musical to be from the North East. I imagine that you would not have kept the dialect coach very busy.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Absolutely loved Ali's debut show last night. What a lovely surprise-knew nothing of it til mon afternoon. Absolutely fantastic show. Very confident with virtually no signs of nerves. Very good acting and he adds in quite a few 'bits of his own' making his interpretation fresh for us regulars. Beautiful voice.Loved hearing him singing. His tap was 'wow' !!!! So fast ,yet accurate, and bless him,you could tell he was really enjoying that number .
Highlight of the night for me was Electricity. Having always personally preferred the street version, I was so pleased when I saw the board for the wall flip. His acro was incredible. He is so fluid and seems to do all the flips etc effortlessly !!! Finished the scene with a perfect wall flip and many of us were on our feet to congratulate him. fantastic.
Always enjoy seeing the kids beaming when they take their individual bow at the curtain call, but it's extra special on their first night, and last night I couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind when he stepped forward and virtually the whole theatre were on their feet. He looked like he was thing 'wow wow wow.' In fact,that's exactly what I was thinking. I loved absolutely everything about his performance. Mind blowing to think he is only 12 and it was his first night. Cannot wait to see this kid perform again-absolutely marvellous.
Well done Ali -absolutely fantastic debut xxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

I absolutely agree with everything that has been said about Ali. Thanks are due to his school of performing arts and the lady who persuaded (!) him to start ballet classes. Lil Diamondz's loss is our gain.
Ali.........you is da man :D
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The Hartlepool Mail has a nice story on hometown boy Ali:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ha ... witterfeed
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks to everyone for all the links and reviews of Ali. Can't wait to see him perform. Let's hope he will soon grace the stage on a Thursday matinee, like very soon :D

Pat
billyforlife
Tall Boy

Post by billyforlife »

I saw Ali's second performance on Wednesday night and he was brilliant! You wouldn't have known he was new with the confident performance he gave. It was also the first street routine I've ever seen live, and it really filled the room with energy. There was a collective gasp from the audience when he did the wall flip!
"She must have been a very special woman..."
"No, she was just me mam."

Melbourne: Josh D, Josh WG
Broadway: Peter, Dayton
London: Harris, Redmand, Ali x3
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

New Interview with Ali from the Hartlepool Mail with a couple of pics.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/lo ... -1-5789916
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's another good interview with Ali from Hispanic Business.com:
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/7/ ... ter_is.htm
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

Happy Birthday Ali :D
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Happy Birthday, Ali. Welcome to teenage world. Have a great day.

Return to “Cast - London”