Two Billys and bows

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Two Billys and bows

Post by patc »

Arising from last night's show when Redmand became indisposed and was replaced by Ali the thought crossed my mind that, in such circumstances, maybe both Billys should come back on stage for their joint bows (if able, of course) or is there a theatre etiquette attached to this scenario. The only time I can recall a separate Billy dancing the finale when he hadn't done the show at all was the night Dean McCarthy flew in from Dublin to perform the finale of his last night when Layton had actually done the whole show. At the time I thought it was really gracious of Layton to bow out.

Pat
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Two Billys and bows

Post by angelenroute »

Haven't experienced that, no, except for special shows. We did have a show on Broadway with Peter Mazurowski who got sick midway, and Alex Ko finished up for him in the whole second half. After the show, both boys were there (Peter had recovered) and we took a nice group photo with both of them. Not really what you're looking for, I know, but it was a nice moment to celebrate both boys' achievements that day. =)

Sean
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

there was a show in Appleton where kylend had to finish the show and both came out for the curtain call.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

mrmikerocks wrote:there was a show in Appleton where kylend had to finish the show and both came out for the curtain call.
Do you remember who the other Billy was?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

angelenroute wrote:mrmikerocks wrote:
there was a show in Appleton where kylend had to finish the show and both came out for the curtain call.

Do you remember who the other Billy was?
According to the Tour Tracking thread, it happened the last night in Appleton, June 24, 2012. Zach Manske started the show and was replaced by Kylend.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:According to the Tour Tracking thread, it happened the last night in Appleton, June 24, 2012. Zach Manske started the show and was replaced by Kylend.
I had a feeling you'd chime in, mister. :)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

angelenroute wrote:porschesrule wrote:
According to the Tour Tracking thread, it happened the last night in Appleton, June 24, 2012. Zach Manske started the show and was replaced by Kylend.

I had a feeling you'd chime in, mister.
Why bother keeping track of the performances if you can't use the info to answer questions like this? :D ;)
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

it was zach.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”