Les Misérables

Chat about other shows here
Muppet
Michael

Re: Les Misérables

Post by Muppet »

ITK wrote:Who was on as Val Jean?
Understudy - Jonathan Williams. I've seen him before, he's excellent!

Earl Carpenter was Javert
ilovebillyelliotlots
Tall Boy

Post by ilovebillyelliotlots »

i saw this show yesterday, what more can you say other than wow!? its was sooooo amazing, the cast were fantastic and everything seemed to work perfectly! the songs are amazing, and corr could some people in that cast sing!! me and my mum were in tears the whole way through and rightly so :) i really want to see this again!!
02.10.08 - Tanner
31.12.08 - Tom
22.01.09 - Tanner
12.05.09 - Ollie
26.06.09 - Tanner/Tom
26.09.09 - Tanner
28.11.09 - Tom
01.01.10 - Ollie
I love this show! :D
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

On a bitterly cold evening, last Thursday (17th Dec), I went to see this magnificent show again. I have seen it several times already but can say that it has lost none of its brilliant magic. I sat right at the very front, el cheapo seats, right next to the conductor and orchestra and this was quite an experience in itself! No wonder it is now in its 25th year. Also the theatre was packed and I didn't see a single empty seat - in spite of people tending to arrive on the late side. Sorry I don't know the names of the artists but I was pleased to see the actor who plays Javert was back in that role. From where I sat I was able to hear, distinctly, every word sung and sitting so far forwards is an excellent way to really appreciate the story comprehensively.

It is a fantastic experience if you haven't seen it before - or if not for a long time. I intend to go back again very soon.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

[quote="Westletonion"] I sat right at the very front, el cheapo seats, right next to the conductor and orchestra and this was quite an experience in itself! quote]

Oh I love sitting there!! Many occasions!!

That's why I won't see it on tour when it comes to Manchester! I can see it twice in London for the same price and still have change for an ice-cream! :D
surferbob
Tall Boy

Post by surferbob »

Les Miserables is my most favorite musical of all time. There has been no show before it or after it that has made me think differently. As much as I love BETM and Wicked Les Miserables is the most moving. I think it reminds all of us that each of our countries has struggled for change and unfortunately blood has been spilled to make that happen. We don't always win but we have to make a stand for what we believe in.

Bob
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

surferbob wrote:Les Miserables is my most favorite musical of all time. There has been no show before it or after it that has made me think differently. As much as I love BETM and Wicked Les Miserables is the most moving.
Bob
I'm definitely ready for another Les Mis trip!!

I love it too!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

A new extension to the existing 25th Anniversary National tour now includes The Lowry theatre, Salford in August. This is absolutely GREAT news as it is in my opinion the best theatre in the country outside London! I have just bought tickets to go as you can choose your seats online! Can't wait! :D
surferbob
Tall Boy

Post by surferbob »

Rub it in Rub it in. :lol:

Bob
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

surferbob wrote:Rub it in Rub it in. :lol:

Bob
Sorry!
surferbob
Tall Boy

Post by surferbob »

No problem Muppet. To make myself feel better I am going to see Wicked in San Francisco next weekend. I will have to see how it compares to New York. Wicked actually started in San Francisco before it went to New York. Supposedly there are more technical things in the San Francisco show than in the New York production. Sorry I got off topic but since we don't have a touring company of Les Miserables here right now I have to talk about what we do have. :)

Bob

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”