Tonight's Big Storm

For off-topic content
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Tonight's Big Storm

Post by patc »

Here's wishing all our friends in the UK a safe night during tonight's big storm. Above all keep your Billy tickets in waterproofed containers just in case :D.

I think we in Dublin may just miss the worst of it.

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Tonight's Big Storm

Post by kport »

Thanks, Pat. I am in my small cottage on a 300 ft. hillside overlooking the English Channel. So far just a lot of rain and moderate wind gusts, but we are on the front edge. I hope people are staying off the roads - there will be a lot of branches down tonight.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

We've certainly been lucky and missed this storm in East Yorkshire (10am GMT), Pat. Just gloomy and wet here in Brid, the sea is a bit lumpy off land, not the the day to go fishing.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Looks as though all is well here; quite windy; the sea is boiling and there are quite a few trees down on roads, but nothing too serious. I would liken it more to a good Maine Nor'Easter than a hurricane.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Any word on the Southampton area? We have family there and I haven't heard from them yet.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

angelenroute wrote:Any word on the Southampton area? We have family there and I haven't heard from them yet.
That is about 30 miles along the coast to the east from where I sit, Sean. Here it is dry but windy - but not enough to stop people going about their daily business, including families on half term holiday playing on the beach - and the usual flock of wind surfers and kite boarders who love this stuff!

Here is a link to Southampton's local paper which may give you the up-to-date information you seek:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Thank you! They're in Totton, some trees down in their area apparently, but nothing too bad. Here in New York (just by the way), tomorrow we mark one year since Hurricane Sandy hit us hard.

Return to “General Chat”