The Victoria Palace Theatre acquired by Cameron Mackintosh

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

The Victoria Palace Theatre acquired by Cameron Mackintosh

Post by Billy Whiz »

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Re: The Victoria Palace Theatre acquired by Cameron Mackintosh

Post by angelenroute »

Don't know what to say, except nothing, and just stare off at the sky for a few minutes in contemplation.

If the show would like to take up U.S. residence on Broadway for a year, I'd happily support it. Still, no matter what happens, there's some good news in it being a long-range plan not interfering with the 10-year mark. :roll: :) :|

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

After the announcement of the sale of the VPT, BETMUK has made its own announcement about the show going forward.

In part...

"Billy Elliot the Musical continues to enjoy a phenomenally successful run at the Victoria Palace Theatre where it will continue to play for at least the next two and a half years. The record breaking show has just welcomed its 37th Billy Elliot and a new cast led by Ruthie Henshall, and in May next year Billy Elliot the Musical will celebrate its 10th birthday. Billy Elliot the Musical is currently booking at the Victoria Palace Theatre to 16 May 2015 and a new booking period, to October 2015, will go on sale next month."

http://www.londontheatre1.com/index.php ... um=twitter
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

porschesrule wrote:and in May next year Billy Elliot the Musical will celebrate its 10th birthday
Mmm.... that's interesting. I wonder if that means the 10th Birthday show will be May 12th? Not wishing to start speculation of course :lol:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

When they have to close VPT, I would hope that they transition to a British tour to bring this great show to Wales, Scotland, Ireland and the rest of England. But that is still two years away.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

... where it will continue to play for at least the next two and a half years.

That's quite a bold statement! Projecting that a show will still be playing two and a half years in the future is unheard of in the world of theatre.
:/
jaj2636
Small Boy

Post by jaj2636 »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
... where it will continue to play for at least the next two and a half years.

That's quite a bold statement! Projecting that a show will still be playing two and a half years in the future is unheard of in the world of theatre.
In the words of David Massey, company manager on twitter: "We are doing just fine. Dont worry"
J
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The company will find itself stamping out fires for a while, I expect. I also expect they knew they would end up having to do it.

This article from Playbill contains a statement from both Cameron Mackintosh himself and Stephen Wally-Cohen about the vision for the Victoria Palace's future, as well as what is planned for the Ambassadors.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/19 ... n-Sondheim
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

This is what The Stage has to say, with more detail about The Ambassadors. Sir Stephen retains the St Martins with The Mousetrap.

http://www.thestage.co.uk/columns/shent ... -west-end/
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

This is actually good news. It takes BETM beyond May 2015. We knew the VPT was due for renovation at some point. BETM is the VPT; but it is more than the VPT.

Sir Cameron is expert at the 'biz'. He will see a winner; and he will see it continue, whether there; in a new venue; on tour; or after a brief hiatus, in the same venue.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”