Billy Elliot the Musical Live

Eltonjohn
Miner

Re: Billy Elliot the Musical Live

Post by Eltonjohn »

The intel on this forum is gr8.

I thought ER was going to post that the reason mention of a live cast in conversation with SD at the 9th was not reported earlier is that private conversations don't get posted.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Eltonjohn wrote:The intel on this forum is gr8.

I thought ER was going to post that the reason mention of a live cast in conversation with SD at the 9th was not reported earlier is that private conversations don't get posted.
Do you mean "great"?

It was not a private conversation. He was talking to anyone who happened to be standing there. I guess you could call it an informal announcement.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I can vouch for that, as I was standing near Ellen and Stephen at the time. I believe Ellen said something to Stephen about the next time a major gathering of fans would take place will be in one year for the 10th anniversary.

Stephen replied: "Come back for Billy Elliot Live in September". He spoke as if it had already been announced, but we were all puzzled. There wasn't much time to question him for more information.
:/
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I can vouch for that, as I was standing near Ellen and Stephen at the time. I believe Ellen said something to Stephen about the next time a major gathering of fans would take place will be in one year for the 10th anniversary.

Stephen replied: "Come back for Billy Elliot Live in September". He spoke as if it had already been announced, but we were all puzzled. There wasn't much time to question him for more information.
That's what I can confirm, have been there as well when Stephen talked about it (in front of about 30 people).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It is not necessary to continue defending me for having commented about Stephen Daldry's statement. Nothing was posted on here about Billy Elliot Live until it was confirmed with a link to published information. If the information had not been made public in print, I would never have commented on the informal announcement outside the theatre. The comment was added to support the minimal information provided by the link.

This is not the same as giving out information that has not been published; for example, information about the Billy rotation, starting or leaving dates, or discussion of personal information such as vacation time, reasons for an absence, injuries, etc. That is what is meant by not posting private conversations, especially without the permission of the person with whom the conversation took place.

Now, let's hope we get some more definitive information about the actual date of the event soon, confirmed with a link, of course.

Thanks.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Unfortunately, Fathom Events might not pick it up in the US. I expect that the broadcast in cinemas will most likely be a UK thing, to be honest. Does anyone know if the live broadcast of the London version of Warhorse showed up anywhere outside the UK?
Ellen

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:Does anyone know if the live broadcast of the London version of Warhorse showed up anywhere outside the UK?

"War Horse" was indeed shown in US cinemas this past February. It was a Fathom Events presentation of the London show.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/18 ... -February-

Also, in 2012 Fathom Events presented screenings of "Love Never Dies" in the US. This was a production filmed in Melbourne. It sounds reasonable that we can stay hopeful "Billy Elliot Live" will be seen in the US as well.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That's good news, because it means that at least some of us in the US will be able to see Billy Elliot Live in the comfort of our local movie houses.
Ellen

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Live, or a rebroadcast of a show filmed live?

(Not that it matters, but there is a massive worldwide time difference.)
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I'm pretty sure it was recorded and rebroadcast. Still these things were shown in the US, at least in some cities. Keep our fingers crossed.

Return to “Special Shows - London”