Special Edition Posters

tintin12
Audience Member

Special Edition Posters

Post by tintin12 »

Hi Guys here

I am new here...well I was part of the original forum years and years back. I am from Ireland and have seen the show in London countless times. I remember it during the early days with Liam and George and James and Leon.

I am just wondering if anyone remembers the large glossy signed posters you could get from the Victoria Palace theatre? I have recently re-discovered my collection of theatre treasures...and among many was a large tube containing 4 Special Edition Billy posters with a photograph of each of the 4 boys, take by David Scheinmann...Liam, Leon, James and George...personally signed.

I was also delighted to find many....MANY programs from different shows....some regular....some special.....some signed. I never realized how much stuff I used to collect. Seeing Liam recently in Swan Lake was amazing. It truly felt amazing to imagine that humble young boy when he started his journey as Billy and see the amazing dancer he still is today!

I unearthed two copies of the Billy Elliot Through The Lens book.....one containing a hand written letter from Liam...a thank you for a scarf I sent him for Christmas all those years back.

Well I was wondering if this continued for all the Billy boys since....or was this idea discontinued?

I have not been to see the show in a few years now...and I hold fond memories of my time in London and sometimes seeing a couple of shows in one visit.

......who knows what more I will find :)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Special Edition Posters

Post by ERinVA »

Hello tintin12. Welcome back into the fold.

Sadly, the special edition posters for individual Billys no longer exist, so what you have is a set of treasures.

Like you, I got to see Liam perform as the Prince in "Swan Lake" back in May when I was in London, and I was just amazed at his performance. I also got to chat briefly with him at the stage door afterwards, and he is still such a nice, polite and unassuming young man.

I hope you enjoy exploring this new version of the forum. As you can see, it covers a lot of ground, so take a look around, and if you have any questions, please let us know.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome back tintin12! We're very happy that you re-discovered us. Enjoy!!
tintin12
Audience Member

Post by tintin12 »

Thanks guys

Its good to be back. I only wish I had the chance to see it on Broadway

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”