Tyler Brown - Tall/Posh Boy (alternate), Ogunquit

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tyler Brown - Tall/Posh Boy (alternate), Ogunquit

Post by kport »

In the usual course of events, the role of Tall/Posh Boy at the Ogunquit Playhouse is played by the Billy who is not on as such for that performance - it usually alternates between Noah and Sam in Ogunquit. However Noah needed most of a week off, so an alternate Tall/Posh Boy was needed to fill that role. Fortunately a very talented young lad was found not far away, just over the border in NH, who could fill the roles for the week. In came the versatile Tyler Brown.

The roles require the portrayal of several characters with little in the way of dialogue but much in the way of presence and timing required. Tyler seemed to know what he was about from the first moment he stepped on stage in the opening number, shouting 'He's Here!'- to the Boxing Scene - and numerous others - right though to his final moment in the chorus line at the end of Thursday night's Finale. I was very impressed by his understanding of Posh Boy's role in the audition scene: and the way he took the 'punch' from the much larger Sam. You would think he is an old hand at acting such a varied set of roles using a Geordie accent. He did a fine job, and the five performances in which he took part benefited enormously by his talent and his presence. Well done, Tyler!!
Todd
Dad

Re: Tyler Brown - Tall/Posh Boy (alternate)

Post by Todd »

kport wrote:Tyler seemed to know what he was about from the first moment he stepped on stage in the opening number, shouting 'He's Here!'
Is that what he's saying ? Truthfully, I've never understood that line exactly. I thought he was saying, "He's heard !" which I assumed was a Geordie expression meaning, "It's been decided" or "He's made his decision" . . . since the next line is "We're out ! We're on strike !"
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

'He's Here!' Clearly the community is meeting to find out the results of the strike vote. Those words precede the announcement that 'We're on strike'. They announce the arrival of the bearer of the news of the miners' strike vote. It makes perfect sense to me. But I could be wrong.............. ;)
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

It sounds to me like Tall Boy says "he's heard".
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I will check on Saturday. As I wrote, I could be wrong, but it changes nothing about my remarks about Tyler's great performance.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I have clearly heard the 'd' in 'heard' in previous shows. Perhaps Ogunquit has changed it. We'll see next week.
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It was nice to see Tyler as Tall/Posh Boy again at today's matinee. Having Tyler fairly close at hand can be a real help for the other cast if someone has to miss a show.

It is definitely 'heard' - "He's heard" is shouted just before the news of the strike is announced.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”