10th Birthday Show

angelenroute
Billy

Re: 10th Birthday Show

Post by angelenroute »

Darth_Revan wrote:They were able to send an email and post several messages on facebook to remind fans to vote for Billy on Olivier Award, because "Billy needs you" :)
Well, I did not need a reminder to vote for my favourite show :D
But I would appreciate a tiny bit of info on the anniversary show :)
:D I like that. I do think the fans deserve something, so I hope they get it. I think if there's a chance the show won't move to another theatre after the VPT shuts for renovations though, there's a better chance of an extra-special show at that juncture than for the 10th anniversary, but some fun celebrations/commemorations may happen for the 10th as well.

As always, I'm jealous of all of you who are able to travel to see the show in London as much as you do!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Darth_Revan wrote:They were able to send an email and post several messages on facebook to remind fans to vote for Billy on Olivier Award, because "Billy needs you" :)
That thought went through my mind too.
They must know how many invitations have been sent out, and if that leaves any seats for the general public. Those could have gone on sale, with more seats added if they became available. As others have said a sold out notice would be better than the current situation.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Has May 12th always been blank or did some people get tickets?
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

jen wrote:Has May 12th always been blank or did some people get tickets?
I believe it was always blanked out (along with another date in early May, which has since been re-listed for sale).
Just to confuse matters ever further. Patc pointed out elsewhere that Wednesday, May 6th is also now not available.
(From the first page of this thread.)
Sheepdog
Tall Boy

Post by Sheepdog »

They must know how many invitations have been sent out, and if that leaves any seats for the general public.
Yes... but the invitation could well have been in the form of "the birthday party will be on May 12th. As a former Debbie, we hope you will be able to join us. Please let us know how many tickets you will need."

Now... to really set the keyboards flying... what if there's a "secret code" that lets invitees access the page of the booking system for 12 May? Know any good hackers? Of course, the only way that would work would be if orders could only be placed for dispatch to a known address of the invitee... and they would probably only be allowed to book "x" tickets each. Heck. Maybe Vicky the mouse can help? But if it amuses people to hunt for the "secret code".... (^_^)
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Sheepdog wrote:Now... to really set the keyboards flying... what if there's a "secret code" that lets invitees access the page of the booking system for 12 May? Know any good hackers? Of course, the only way that would work would be if orders could only be placed for dispatch to a known address of the invitee... and they would probably only be allowed to book "x" tickets each. Heck. Maybe Vicky the mouse can help? But if it amuses people to hunt for the "secret code".... (^_^)
I know you're joking, but we really should not joke about illegal activities please. Thank you. :)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I DO hope that the non-UK former London Billys are not overlooked this time, as they were for the Live Recording Show...............................
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

A few months ago May 12th suddenly became available and people grabbed seats - including me.

We all received an email the next day from the VPT to say that it was a mistake and our money was being refunded :( :( :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

Billy Whiz wrote:
A few months ago May 12th suddenly became available and people grabbed seats - including me.

We all received an email the next day from the VPT to say that it was a mistake and our money was being refunded :( :( :(
Bummer. :(
---
István
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Quite frankly, that is worth passing on to UK Trading Standards.

Had they negated the tickets, and offered a 'gift' such as a two-for-one, they would cover their tracks, if the customer accepted it. If not, they would create a legitimate dispute.

I would have thought you would be at the head of a list of those contacted for any seats not needed for the great and glorious. At the very least. That is the advice I would offer to them, right now. They are SO out of line on this, if what you have outlined occurred.

It matters not the nature or affinity or our support or love of the business: if they sell a product in good faith, accept payment, and then renege, they do not have an easy out like that. At the very least, they took possession of your funds to establish a contract for a product they would later cancel in order to 'sell' or 'gift' to a third party. There is no excuse of 'cancellation of show, or date, or seat'. Your seat and the performance will be there on the night you contracted and paid for your seat. Your contract was cancelled by their choice only, with no offer of compensation. That is a clear Breach of Contract. UK contract law is very clear on this matter. And it is robust. I am absolutely agog.

Return to “Special Shows - London”