How Many Previews Were There for the London BETM Production?

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

How Many Previews Were There for the London BETM Production?

Post by porschesrule »

I posted this question in the "Filling In the Gaps" thread earlier, but thought I'd also make it a separate post for those who may not go into that thread.

I've been receiving lots of great information for Billy tracking in the early London days from a variety of people. Thanks so much for your input!! Some of this material has raised questions with me about the number and structure of the London previews (Mar 31-May 11, 2005). I'm hoping some of you "old-timers" can help out with my questions.

1) Does anyone know the exact number of previews? If there were the "normal" number of shows (8) per week during that period, there would be 47. I don't believe there was that many. From what I understand, for the first week or two there was a reduced number of shows (from the "normal" 8 we're used to) while they worked out a number of issues in the show. My information is that, at least in the very beginning, previews only ran from Thurs to Sat, with no matinees. So my second question is...

2) Can anyone verify that and how long did that last?

3) Were there the full 8 shows being presented each week toward the end of previews?

Thanks for anyone's help with this.
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Re: How Many Previews Were There for the London BETM Production?

Post by Dancer »

porschesrule, I can't give any help with the actual numbers you are looking for, but I did attend a Thursday MATINEE preview on 28th April 2005 with George Maguire, Brad Kavanagh and Brooke Havana Bailey which was just over halfway through the preview period.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for that Dancer. It begins to answer the question and that's another entry I can make on the charts :)
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

porschesrule wrote: .."normal" number of shows (8) per week..
I remember there have been Tuesday matinées in 2006 or was it Spamalot I'm not shure anymore.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”