Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

Post by angelenroute »

Yorkie wrote:I hear your pain Sean but it is a European release not just UK so the market is bigger than that for the US.
I understand, and thank you, Yorkie. It's certainly A LOT of money they're losing. As usual though, it's this silence from the powers that be that I find the most annoying. Just tell us you have to finalize x, y, z, and then it'll be released in the states. We don't deserve the info, but it sure would be nice of you to mention it.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

I'm pretty peeved that my copy hasn't arrived yet! The idea that my DVD would be here was all that got me through the crappy day :(
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

You know I've just selected 6 blu-rays at random. 5 state they are region B & the 6th shows it is all regions (A, B, & C). So, why does BETM Live not have any region indication?

Just checked my copy of the film (also by Universal) and that doesn't mention any region - but of course the film is region free.

Are we sure that Live blu-ray is region locked (FYI the film also has Mandarin subtitles)?
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Darth_Revan wrote:I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon.
Is there any extra feature on the DVD? Behind the scenes or anything?
There are two Bonus Features:

1 An Introduction from Elliott Hanna (5m 37s)

2 Behind The Curtain The story behind the making of the film and the musical (11m 00s)
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

The Blu-ray and DVD were available in my local HMV early this morning. €17.99 for BD and €14.99 for DVD. Including postage it would have cost a bit more buying from Amazon UK (after conversion to Euro) - plus having to wait for it to arrive, LOL.

Although the packaging shows it is rated 15 the actual disc shows the Irish rating 12 as well AND the German rating FSK 6 which a search reveals means parental guidance recommended for persons under 6 . That is some disparity over just three countries.

I am surprised that the UK cert is 15.

Pat
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

I couldn't wait for tonight, so curtains shut this afternoon and Pat I had my tissues handy. Everybody, who can, just go out and buy your blue-Ray or DVD you certainly won't be dissapointed, I didn't even get chance to get my sausage roll from the landing
Absolutely Brilliant, My Review just one word "SPEECHLESS"
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

jon01 wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote:I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon.
Is there any extra feature on the DVD? Behind the scenes or anything?
There are two Bonus Features:

1 An Introduction from Elliott Hanna (5m 37s)

2 Behind The Curtain The story behind the making of the film and the musical (11m 00s)
Thanks, I hope mine will be delivered tomorrow.
---
István
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

patc wrote: I am surprised that the UK cert is 15.
That's really strange.

"Will there be uses of strong language in a 12A or 12 work?
The BBFC's Guidelines state that strong language (e.g. 'f***') may be passed at 12 or 12A, depending on the manner in which it is used, who is using the language, its frequency and any special contextual justification. Aggressive uses of strong language may result in a film or DVD being placed at the 15 category. There is some allowance for puns on strong language at this category.
There may be moderate language (e.g. uses of terms such as ‘bitch’ and ‘twat’ at 12 or 12A)."

"How much strong language is allowed in a 15?
There could potentially be a great deal. At 15 there is no upper limit on the number of uses of strong language (e.g. ‘f***’).
Occasionally there may be uses of the strongest terms (e.g. 'c***'), depending on the manner in which they are used, who is using the language, its frequency and any special contextual justification. However, continued or aggressive use will not normally be passed 15."
---
István
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's a brief but glowing review of the DVD/Blu-ray version of Billy Elliot Live from a blog called Jamie's West End:

http://jamieswestend.blogspot.com/2014/ ... e-dvd.html
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

im waiting for a brave soul who has access to a region a bluray to try this on...and no im not that soul, unless someone wants to send me one :) btw theres now 3 sources for the hong kong region a bluray...but at 40.99-44.99.

Return to “Special Shows - London”