Chat About Malmö (2016) & Stockholm, Sweden, 02/20-06/11/17

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:  Chat About Malmö & Stockholm, Sweden, Feb. 13-Jun. 3, 2016

Post by ERinVA »

I have now set up the section for the Swedish cast. I have started a thread for each of the three Billys. If someone else would like to add the threads for the rest of the cast, please do so.

Thanks. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Here's a bit of a swedish TV program. I didn't yet see the whole thing but in the latter part there's some Billy stuff and interview in the Stockholm tunnelbana ( Undergound).

http://www.svtplay.se/video/5314234/sve ... snitt-16-1
fellfromatree
Audience Member

Post by fellfromatree »

Anyone know why the dates for the Malmö show are spread out so much? There's loads of dates missing e.g. there's only 7 shows in May. I'm trying to pin down a date I can fly over, but I'm struggling to find one that matches up with school holidays (except the start of April but I've already booked a trip to Iceland!) :/
If all else fails I'll need to book back-to-back trips ;)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

fellfromatree wrote:Anyone know why the dates for the Malmö show are spread out so much?
Several of the European productions of the show are set up that way. Iceland has been doing just 7-8 shows per month for several months now.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

I think that a lot of of the young performers are based in the Stockholm area and surrounds, and have trained at Base 23 dance school there. I assume that the week-end biased performances are to make life easier in terms of travelling - it's a fair distance to Stockholm - and to not disrupt their schooling. I have been costing a trip, going via Copenhagen airport and over the bridge to Malmo. Considering that Sweden has a reputation for being expensive, the hotel prices in Malmo seem very reasonable. Not sure about bar prices !
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

ERinVA wrote:I have now set up the section for the Swedish cast. I have started a thread for each of the three Billys. If someone else would like to add the threads for the rest of the cast, please do so.

Thanks. :D
Thanks to Billy123 for setting up the remaining threads. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
fellfromatree
Audience Member

Post by fellfromatree »

Real Geordie wrote:I think that a lot of of the young performers are based in the Stockholm area and surrounds, and have trained at Base 23 dance school there. I assume that the week-end biased performances are to make life easier in terms of travelling - it's a fair distance to Stockholm - and to not disrupt their schooling. I have been costing a trip, going via Copenhagen airport and over the bridge to Malmo. Considering that Sweden has a reputation for being expensive, the hotel prices in Malmo seem very reasonable. Not sure about bar prices !
Fair doos, makes sense actually!
I'm doing the same flying easyJet from Edinburgh, arriving at 10:30am on the Friday leaving on the Sunday afternoon so I should be able to catch 2 performances. It's only £91 return which I though was really good!
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Thanks for the finding, billy123!
Your job is done, porschesrule :lol:
Billy123
Tall Boy