Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re:  Chat About Malmö & Stockholm, Sweden, Feb. 13-Jun. 3, 2016

Post by kport »

thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Thanks for the link! That's a great souvenir. I recognize the Express scene definitely beeing from the opening night. I reckon they filmed the whole show. From the angles to judge, the cameras were placed on the main lightbridge up in the auditorium ( I noticed it was manned) and on the sound desk. As you can see and hear, Grim has a stunningly clear diction. :D

Hadn't I been there, seeing this clip I'd be wanting to go and see that show really badly!!
Eya
Audience Member

Post by Eya »

Tickets for the shows in Stockholm will go on sale tomorrow.

15 shows between 2017-02-10 - 2017-03-19.

It will be performed here: http://kulturhusetstadsteatern.se/image ... scenen.jpg

More info (swedish): http://kulturhusetstadsteatern.se/Teate ... ly-Elliot/
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Eya wrote:Tickets for the shows in Stockholm will go on sale tomorrow.
Anyone besides me that is a bit surprised at such a short run for such a large city? This is disappointing since I was seriously considering making the trip. I was hoping for a longer run that would put it in the May - June time frame.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

They might add more shows later. I suppose they wanna make shure, they'll have enough kids to perform in the roles before they sell. I hope the Malmö kids will resume their roles in Stockholm but you know one whole year is a long time. At the moment they're gonna hold auditions:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCr65fvxRNi/
Eya
Audience Member

Post by Eya »

Rich B wrote:
Anyone besides me that is a bit surprised at such a short run for such a large city? This is disappointing since I was seriously considering making the trip. I was hoping for a longer run that would put it in the May - June time frame.
thm wrote:They might add more shows later. I suppose they wanna make shure, they'll have enough kids to perform in the roles before they sell. I hope the Malmö kids will resume their roles in Stockholm but you know one whole year is a long time. At the moment they're gonna hold auditions:
I was kind of wondering the same thing so I emailed them and asked. They said "we might add more so keep checking our website", just as thm said. They have in fact already added 5 more shows for a total of 20 right now, still all in feb-march though. Keep an eye out.
fellfromatree
Audience Member

Post by fellfromatree »

Eya wrote:
Rich B wrote:
thm wrote:They might add more shows later. I suppose they wanna make shure, they'll have enough kids to perform in the roles before they sell. I hope the Malmö kids will resume their roles in Stockholm but you know one whole year is a long time. At the moment they're gonna hold auditions:
I was kind of wondering the same thing so I emailed them and asked. They said "we might add more so keep checking our website", just as thm said. They have in fact already added 5 more shows for a total of 20 right now, still all in feb-march though. Keep an eye out.
I've gone on the assumption that they won't and bought tickets for the 11th of Feb. It's the only night that I can make of the available dates and didn't want them to sell out. Fingers crossed they add some more dates over the Easter holidays so more people can fly over!
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

Malmö Opera has a huge stage! They could fit a whole orchestra on the stage and there plenty of stage left for the actors. Actually the stage was so huge, Billy's house looked like a mansion :)
And the other thing: a full orchestra was playing! I don't remember seeing anywhere such a big number of musicians playing during Billy. Even the Swan Lake theme was played live.
Great production.
---
István
tomtorfan
Small Boy

Post by tomtorfan »

A few more shows have been added in Stockholm. BETM will now play there through Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017.
We will find a new tomorrow
When we come to rest at last...
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

The Malmö Opera just posted this on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDoFBxZwz1T/
It gives an impression how big the stage is.
Just now the scenerys for three shows share the back of the main stage: Billy Elliot, A Masquerade Ball, Pelléas and Mélisande (which premières in may) We do have one of the largest stages. And the best :)

Return to “ Chat About Malmö & Stockholm, Sweden”