America's Got Talent

Chat about other shows here
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

America's Got Talent

Post by SatinandLace »

Did anyone happen the catch a show tonight? I saw on the previews there was a young boy dancing, but I forgot to watch...I flipped it on at the very end and the boy was walking out of the building with two women and Elton John's version of Electricity was playing. Hopefully it'll be on youtube soon!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
phoebe
Debbie

Re: America's Got Talent

Post by phoebe »

Yes, I saw it.

The show was about the auditions in Florida. The final contestant was a 13 year old boy with such an unusual name I can't recall either his first or last name. They had a mini bio interview with him first, where he said the things we usually hear the Billys say: he's always had an urge to dance, was ridiculed by other kids about it. He sounded as though he hadn't dealt with the ridicule as well as others.

He danced well. His technique was not polished and his choreography was, shall we say, unusual. However, you could tell he's got energy and the chops (mid-air splits, very strong and flexible toes, some acro) and would likely do well with proper guidance. (He reminded me of Tommy Batchelor at age 11 or 12 in that YouTube video, though not as controlled. Since Tommy's from Florida, it got me wondering if they attended the same dance school.) I'd say he's not a Billy shoe-in, by any means (can he sing? act? learn dialect? memorize lines? maintain focus and energy for close to 3 hours?), but he should audition. He looks like a London Billy to me.

They closed the piece with a view of him backstage (after galloping off in sheer joy, after he got the go-ahead to the next round) huddling with his mom and some other female (older sister?). He suddenly realized what had happened and could only say, "Wow," and cry, reminiscent of our Broadway Billys' Tony acceptance "speech." Front the instant his performance music ended, they began playing BETM's Electricity music underneath the action, and ended with him leaping for joy as Elton John's recording of Electricity sang.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Ha! It's already up on YouTube (without the bio introduction)! (not the best quality)

I'd forgotten - he's got very good spins; good line, fast.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

phoebe wrote: He looks like a London Billy to me.
What made him look more like a London Billy to you than a Broadway Billy ?
KellyCa
Audience Member

Post by KellyCa »

He did audition. You can see him in Finding Billy part 2. He's wearing black shorts and a black shirt with white lettering
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

London Billys are, or at least were, consistently blonde with long straight bangs (I believe Brits call them fringes) covering the forehead. That formed my view (incorrect now) of the London Billy "look."

You know, while we were watching the show, my daughter (who saw BETM with me first time) and I were speculating whether he'd already auditioned for Billy and been rejected. He was exuberant with some impressive moves, but seemed to lack the discipline they found in David, Kiril and Trent.
- Chinese proverb
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

here is topic on the FOB forum about him

http://www.friendsofbilly.com/FriendsF/ ... 105&t=2030
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

~Lauren~