Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 97 of the Photo Countdown and time for a photo of the brilliant Hogan Fulton. Sadly, Hogan was in Billy Elliot for less than 4 months but anybody that was lucky enough to see him perform will have memories that will last a lifetime. After Billy Elliot, Hogan went on to perform in Newsies on Broadway in New York. This photo was taken at his last night in London on Saturday, September 6th, 2008. Also in the photo are Scarlet Embleton as Debbie, Ethan Hammer as Small Boy and, in the background, Phil Whitchurch as Dad.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
tzwicky
George

Excellent choice for a memorable Billy!

Post by tzwicky »

David, a tip of the hat to you for choosing Hogan Fulton, one of the early Billys that most fans never got to see on the stage of the VPT.

He was a chosen Billy for such a short period that he fell between my Billythons in those months. So sad for me when my job interfered with my ability to experience BETM on the boards of the Mother Church.

I look forward even more to this project of yours, throwing open the vault door to a truly historic collection of Billys and all the other actors that have breathed so much life into this monumental stage production. I would say that I await each post from you breathlessly, but most who know me would assume that I was just wheezing.

Thanks!

tzwicky
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Strange that Michael is not in that lineup. According to my records it was Lewis Cope that amazing last night. Hogan certainly was top-class and his Electricity was as powerful and graceful as I've seen.

Thanks for reeling in the years, David.

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

patc wrote:Strange that Michael is not in that lineup.
You may not remember, Pat, but in the "old days" Michael used to stand at the end of the line on the opposite end to Tall Boy. This was always felt to be unfair and, thankfully, they eventually changed it.

I'm glad you are enjoying the photos. I hope others are as well.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Billy Whiz wrote: I'm glad you are enjoying the photos. I hope others are as well.

We definitely are. :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Billy Whiz wrote:
patc wrote:Strange that Michael is not in that lineup.
You may not remember, Pat, but in the "old days" Michael used to stand at the end of the line on the opposite end to Tall Boy. This was always felt to be unfair and, thankfully, they eventually changed it.
In fact, during that time period, although it's hard to believe now, neither Michael nor Debbie got an individual bow.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 96 of the Photo Countdown and we have another incredible Billy from across the pond in the shape of Corey Snide. Corey was an amazing Billy being top-notch in dancing, singing and acting. When Nick Twiney in the Australian production, was injured Corey was flown to Australia to cover for him. They obviously make these Yanks tough because when he returned to the Victoria Palace he only made two appearances before he was flown back to Australia as another Billy had picked up an injury. When Corey returned home to the USA he appeared in the musical 13 on Broadway and I was fortunate to see him perform in it. He recently graduated from the Juilliard School in New York. Also in the photo are L to R: Jonty Bowyer (Michael), Scarlet Embleton (Debbie) and Lewis Cope (Michael). Lewis is now in a dance group called Ruff Diamond who were runners-up in Sky TV’s Got To Dance in 2013. This photo was taken on June 28th, 2008.

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Ah, Corey. Yes, indeed, what a trouper. I hope Ruth and Nikkie are watching this :D.

Pat
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Corey was the one and only Billy I saw in my one and only trip to the Victoria Palace Theatre on my one and only trip to London. Imagine going all the way over there and getting a New York-born Billy! Well, I guess I had a 20-25% chance back in 2007. Anyway, needless to say, he was wonderful!

Oddly enough, I've still never met him or seen him perform again anywhere else, but I hope to change both soon!

Thanks for the picture and pictures, David!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

patc wrote:Ah, Corey. Yes, indeed, what a trouper. I hope Ruth and Nikkie are watching this :D.

Pat
I actually thought of Ruth and Nikkie when I chose this photo. They both loved Corey and quite rightly too.

Return to “Special Shows - London”