Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Westletonion
Miner

Re: Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by Westletonion »

Corey sure was a mega star. He and his family so friendly and chatty. Thanks for letting us relive all these memories through this countdown David. It is simply extraordinary how all these years have rolled by and what a huge part of our lives they have all been.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Great idea and photo's David, much appreciated, well before my time at Billy. My first show was on 24th January 2010, a Saturday matinee. Billy -Tom Holland, Michael -George Maycock & Francesca Mango as Debbie. Mrs Wilkinson -Kate Graham, Dad -Joe Caffrey, Grandma - Ann Emery.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 95 of the Photo Countdown and we have moved into 2015 for the amazing Elliott Hanna. As most of us know Elliott was Billy for Billy Elliot Live and the subsequent DVD. When he made his debut he was the youngest boy to appear as Billy. He first came to the notice of the British public when he appeared with his partner, Tayluer Amos, in Sky TV’s Got to Dance where they finished third. Also in the photo are Zach Atkinson (Michael), Demi Lee (Debbie), Fred Neilson (Tall Boy), Aaran Glen (Small Boy) and the Ballet Girls from Westoe Team. Chris Grahamson (Tony) can be seen behind Demi. This photo was taken on March 7th, 2015, at the last night of Elliott, Zach and the Westoe Ballet Team.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I wish I had been able to be there for the Live performance, but I did get the DVD, and I enjoyed it on PBS too, censorship and all.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 94 of the Photo Countdown and we are back across the pond again with the amazing Adam Vesperman. Adam was at the Victoria Palace for just over 12 months and during that time he became a firm favourite with the fans. His singing and acting were top notch but his dancing was nothing short of brilliant. I’m sure we have not heard the last of Adam in dancing circles. Also in the photo are Reece Barrett (Michael), Francesca Mango (Debbie), Colby Mulgrew (Small Boy), Deka Walmsley (Dad), Gillian Bevan (Mrs W) and Michael Pevoy (Tony). This photo was taken on August 18th, 2012 and it was the last night for Adam, Reece and Francesca.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 93 of the Photo Countdown and we have two of the main adult cast members from 2008. Phil Whitchurch and Kate Graham. Phil played Jackie twice in London – December, 2005 until December, 2006 and then June, 2008 until November, 2008. Phil also played Jackie on Broadway for just over 3 months in 2010 when he covered for Greg Jbara. I loved his interpretation of Jackie and I liked his part with the ballet dancer better than any other Jackie. Kate was great and, like Phil, always had time to have a few words with the fans. Kate played Mrs W and left in November, 2008 and then returned in December of the same year to cover for Joanna Riding who went on maternity leave. This photo was taken at their last night on November 29th, 2008.

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Phil has been one of my favorite Jackie Elliots. In addition to being an excellent actor in the role, he is a really nice man.

Also, Kate was a wonderful Mrs. W. I was always happy to get the chance to see her when she was on.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 92 of the Photo Countdown and this is one of my all-time favourite photos. It was taken at the 4th Birthday Show on May 12th, 2009 and it shows the brilliant George Maycock getting caught in the curtain just as it came down for the final time that night. George is now at music college and I wish him well in all his future endeavours.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 91 of the Photo Countdown and these two gentlemen need no introduction – but just in case …… Julian Webber, Associate Director of Billy Elliot, and Lee Hall – the man we all owe a big debt of gratitude to. I have to admit that neither of them are a picture of sartorial elegance :D This photo was taken after the 4th Birthday Show on May 12th, 2009.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 90 of the Photo Countdown already and it’s time for another Billy Elliot legend. This time it’s the amazing Layton Williams. Layton was a firm favourite and was always happy to spend time at the Stage Door having a chat with the fans. Since leaving Billy Elliot, Layton has appeared on TV in Beautiful People and Bad Education. He has also appeared in Matthew Bourne’s Car Man and I was lucky enough to see him perform in this. He is now in the National Tour of Hairspray. Also in the photo is Alicia Hawkins as Debbie. This photo was taken at the last night of Layton and Alicia on November 29th, 2008.

Return to “Special Shows - London”