Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by ERinVA »

When they chose Layton as Billy, the chose a star with a capital S! :D :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

ERinVA wrote:When they chose Layton as Billy, the chose a star with a capital S! :D :D
You are right Ellen! Jessica Ronane picked him right? He had absolutely no experience at the time. Boy did they nail it!!

Thanks for these pics BW!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 89 and we have two main adult cast members in Simon Ray Harvey (Mr Braithwaite) and Michael Peavoy (Tony). Simon left on May 10th, 2014 and Michael left on November 10th, 2012. Since leaving Blly Elliot they have both had numerous roles. Simon had his last performance in The Blues Brothers on the 10th of this month whilst Michael has been in Into The Woods which ends on January 16th.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 88 and we have two more Billy Elliot legends. I have been fortunate to meet Scott Mckenzie and Aaron Watson and they are both remarkable young men. Since leaving Billy Elliot, Scott has been at The Royal Ballet School’s Upper School at Covent Garden. Scott leaves the School this summer and I have permission from him and his family to let you know that only yesterday Scott was offered a full contract with The Vienna State Ballet and starts in September. Well done, Scott.
Aaron is studying hard at Tring Park School for the Performing Arts and I’m sure he has a bright future ahead of him as well. For those who don’t know, watch the Billy Elliot performance at the BAFTA’s 60th Anniversary Show, in 2007, on Youtube and the little boy that somersaults across the stage and comes on at the end is Aaron. To see him performing like that is all the more remarkable as Aaron had to have open heart surgery as a baby. This photo was taken after the 10th Birthday Show on May 12th, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1609DhDNQk

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 87 of the Photo Countdown and it’s time for a photo of the first Jackie Elliot, Tim Healy. Tim played Jackie from the opening night until September 3rd, 2005. He is probably best known for playing Dennis L. Patterson in the TV show, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. This photo was taken after the 5th Birthday Show on March 31st, 2010.

maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

I cannot believe we are already in the 80s!!!

Thank you David for this wonderful photo countdown! It certainly is a trip down memory lane for me. I was fortunate enough to see Tim Healy as dad along with George Maguire as Billy way back when!

Looking forward to more great photos. Love your choices so far!
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I'm loving the choices as well! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Wow! The days are flying by and it’s Day 86 already. Today’s photo is of ex-Debbie, Megan Jossa. Megan played Debbie for 12 months before leaving after the matinee on May 30th, 2009. Two Debbies left on that day with Scarlet Embleton leaving after the evening show. This photo of Megan (centre) with some of the Ballet Girls was taken after the evening show on May 30th, 2009.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s day 85 of The Photo Countdown and today we have two more legends from Billy Elliot The Musical. First of all we have the brilliant Ryan Collinson who was a firm favourite with the fans as Billy and understandably so. He was a triple threat and I’m sure we have not heard the last of Ryan. He is now studying at The Urdang Academy. Secondly we have the comic genius that is Connor Kelly. Connor was an amazing Michael and used to have the audience in stitches with his antics. He is now on 3 year musical theatre course at CPA studios in Romford. I’m certain that when they finish their studies both of these young men will follow their dreams. Ryan and Connor always found time to have a chat with the fans when they were allowed and this was appreciated by everybody.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s day 84 of The Photo Countdown and today it’s the turn of Harton Ballet team. This photo of them was taken outside the Victoria Palace on Saturday, November 10th, 2010 and it had been the last performance for some of the girls. Joining the girls for the photo is the longest serving Tall Boy, Ashley Cousins. Ashley started as Tall Boy on November 30th, 2009 and left on May 11th, 2013 after 3½ years in the show. He is now playing the part of Ben in the National Tour of David Walliams’s Gangsta Granny. I’m told Ashley and the play are brilliant so go and see it if it comes near you.

Return to “Special Shows - London”