Joanna Riding

Clazzimay
Small Boy

Re: Joanna Riding

Post by Clazzimay »

It will be so nice to have Jo back as Mrs Wilkinson. She is my personal favourite in the role...........
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

I've only ever seen Kate and Gillian in the part so it's going to take some getting used to!
Charlotte x
billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Post by billybuddies4eva »

bubsycm wrote:I've only ever seen Kate and Gillian in the part so it's going to take some getting used to!
Same, It's gonna be odd not seeing Kate in the role. She's my favourite Mrs Wilkinson and has certainly deserved being full time Mrs W for the last few months :mrgreen:

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

How many performances did she do before she went on leave?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

ERinVA wrote:How many performances did she do before she went on leave?
Not exactly sure how many performances she did - she was the principal Mrs Wilkinson from 1st December to 23rd December, so the maximum number she could have done was 26: as its standard practice for the alternate to do 1 show a week, that would knock her back to 23. She might have done even less than than, given her pregnancy.
billybuddies4eva wrote:It's gonna be odd not seeing Kate in the role. She's my favourite Mrs Wilkinson and has certainly deserved being full time Mrs W for the last few months
Absolutely. Both she and Gillian have been superb. Any ideas on what the plan is for these two fabulous Mrs Ws, anybody?
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

She's back! :D

A very different interpretation of Mrs W than the others and some 'new' 80's style frocks!!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Joanna interviewed by Broadway World.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BW ... T_20090928
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

A nice article about Joanna returning to Billy Elliot on the West End after her maternity leave. Some good peeks inside the workings of the show and life as an actress and a new mom.

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/ ... na-Riding/
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

I really enjoyed that. I always felt that Joanna received unfair criticism of her age for My Fair Lady. She was very good and didn't keep on "falling ill" unlike her predecessor soap star Lisa Doolittle.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Great interview.I really like Joanna as Mrs.W.
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS

Return to “Cast - London”