Billy will return to Hamburg, Germany in 2020!!

emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Billy will return to Hamburg, Germany in 2020!!

Post by emcpow »

I asked the Mehr Theatre in Hamburg what language it will be in and this was their reply:

"At the moment we will not be able to announce all the details of it. It will most probably be in English. We will announce all details (when, where, language etc.) and start sale, when we have everthing clear. Just follow our news on facebook."

Make of that what you will.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

In the words of Michael “It's f***ing weird, if you ask me” !
milno
Audience Member

Post by milno »

:D yes it is.
Very happy about a new production in Germany. The final shows in Hamburg stil are great memorys I carry with me. Looking forward for any further news.
atreyu wrote:It's just that my best guess is that the widest appeal for a Germany revival would be a German-language production. Ich studiert Deutsch nur zwei jahre. Sehr klein Wortschatz. (Only 2 years of studying German, very small vocabulary). :(
There will be fellow members for sure who will provide simultaneous translation for you ;)
Sheffan
Tall Boy

Post by Sheffan »

It's getting closer. I'll be there (maybe I'll see it Australia first)

https://www.billy-elliot.hamburg/

https://www.facebook.com/MehrTheateramG ... 3Gn7UmEq_o
Then I saw her face
Small Boy

Post by Then I saw her face »

Well, I may be a little bit more on the glass half empty than on the glass half full side of life.

Harry Potter will arrive in Hamburg in the Mehr!Theater where BETM has been presented to the public in Summer 2017 at the end of the UK tour.
The theatre will stay closed from May 2019 until spring 2020 for the refurbishmend needed for the new musical.

Harry Potter is meant to be a long term stay in Hamburg. So it's very unlikely that BETM will be displayed in Hamburg in 2020.

Mehr Entertainment is operating in five venues in Germany. One of them (in Bochum) hosts Starlight Express more than three decades. Another two of them in Berlin (Admiralspalast) and in Düsseldorf (Capitol Theatre) usually aim for short term stays. The only venue apart from Hamburg and Bochum which hosts productions for (more than) a couple of weeks is the Musical Dome in Cologne. Productions are scheduled until November 2019 by now.

I tried to get in contact with Mehr Entertainment in order to get any information how Harry Potter gets any impact on BETM but they didn't respond. Their website http://www.billy-elliot.live is still present, but their statement that BETM will return to Germany in 2020 has been modified to BETM will return to Germany (without any schedule).

:cry:
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Perhaps when they spin the Time Turners at the Theater am Großmarkt, they will conjure up that show from Summer 2017! :lol:

Return to “Billy Elliot UK/Ireland Tour”