Chat About Australia Tour - 2019/2020

andrewcraig
Tony

Re: Billy to Return to Australia in 2019/2020

Post by andrewcraig »

Billy Elliot Omar Abaid

AUSTRALIA TOUR BILLY. Omar Abaid is twelve years of age and is passionate about performing. He trains at the Conroy Centre in Queensland in ballet, jazz, tap, singing and musical theatre. Omar is equally dedicated to his education and hopes to one day be a doctor or professional performer. Omar is excited and honoured to be making his professional debut as Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical.
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

Billy Elliot Wade Neilsen
At the age of twelve years old, Wade Neilsen has always had a passion for dancing and performing. From five years old, Wade has trained in ballet, tap, modern and hip hop at Susan Shiner Dance Academy. Wade has also been training in acro for the last 3 years. Wade has performed locally in his hometown of Newcastle as part of the mass ensembles in Hairspray the Big Fat Arena Spectacular and Grease the Arena Experience. When Wade isn’t dancing or performing, he enjoys playing soccer, fishing, listening to music and hanging out with his friends.
Wade is thrilled to be making his professional debut as Billy in Billy Elliot the Musical.
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

Billy Elliot Jamie Rogers
Twelve year old Jamie Rogers has been training and performing in ballet, tap and jazz at Jayz Dance Company in Canberra since the age of seven. During that time he was accepted in to the Australian Ballet School Interstate Programme for 3 years running. His love of Hollywood musicals led him to start singing lessons with Wild Voices Music Theatre. In 2017 Jamie gained television experience whilst acting on a pilot TV show Team Rescueand in 2018 had a lead role in a short film After The Away.
Playing the role of Billy for his professional debut is a dream come true for Jamie.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chat About Australia Tour - 2019/2020

Post by porschesrule »

I've begun exploring how we might track the performances of the Billys and other roles which have more than one actor cast in them -- much like we did for London and the UK Tour. I'm creating an internal "coverage calendar" for that purpose.

Has anyone booked tickets for the Sydney Tour stop? If and when you do, could you please message me with the dates/times? Thanks!!!
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

https://www.facebook.com/billyelliotaus ... 083983208/

At last rehearsals are going public and this was a presentation for Channel 7
The excitement is growing even though like many others, I have travelled to London and New York many times to see the show, I still get goosebumps at the thought of another.
The sound did not work but the shows highlights all over Australia is
https://www.facebook.com/billyelliotaustralia
Sheffan
Tall Boy

Post by Sheffan »

Just to let everyone know I am travelling to Australia on November 3rd to see the show in Sydney. I am attending the following 4 shows
Wednesday 6 November matinee
Wednesday 6 November evening
Thursday 7 November
Friday 8 November

I may book further tickets for other venues on the tour, but my preferred dates are not yet on sale.

There are no shows on Mondays or Tuesdays (will allow me to get over jetlag from the UK). There are 2 shows on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays with a single evening show on both Thursdays and Fridays. Ticket prices for those travelling from the UK are similar to UK theatres.

Sydney Lyric Theatre booking from 10 October 2019 to 8 December 2019. Ticket availability is quite limited now for October and there are only a few seats left for the first shows. My friend in Australia says Aussies tend to be slow at buying tickets and not all dates are available for each venue. It has been stated Sydney would be a 10 week run so there may be another week to add, even allowing for the longer transfer times between venues due to the size of the country.

Adelaide Festival Theatre run opens on 29 December 2019 and tickets are available for the first three weeks i.e. up to 19 January. A 6 week run has been stated so maybe further tickets will eventually go on sale taking the run to 9 February?
Bookings seem to he heavier here for all dates, remaining tickets mainly now at the sides of the theatre.

Melbourne Regent Theatre tickets are now on sale for 20 February to 22 March 2020. A 14 week run has been stated so I assume the run will be extended to the end of May.

Perth Crown Theatre tickets for June 2020 - no exact dates are known and tickets not yet on sale - although you can register on the offficial website for a priority booking email link to be sent when tickets are released.

Brisbane QPAC Lyric tickets for July-August 2020 - no exact dates and tickets not yet on sale - ditto above for priority access.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Qantas has a sale running, as in just $763 round trip from Los Angeles to Melbourne in late February 2020, for example. But hurry, tickets much be purchased by 9/30. Qantas is a partner with American Airlines, for what that's worth.
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

I'll be catching the Nov 13 matinee and evening, Nov 14 and 15. Hopefully see all 4 Billys, but not holding my breath. Hoping to get a mate of mine from Melbourne to come up and see it when I'm there. (might go when its in Melbourne too).
I missed it in OZ the first time, so finally catching it to make 4 continents of Professional productions!
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

Just idly checking if anything new about the Australia production posted and spotted this. It looks like Wade Neilsen was first to play Billy.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/billyelliota ... 048136935/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Real Geordie wrote:Just idly checking if anything new about the Australia production posted and spotted this. It looks like Wade Neilsen was first to play Billy.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/billyelliota ... 048136935/
And Jamie Rogers was the second Billy there. Just a reminder that anyone could see that information at any time here on the Forum via the Australian Tour tracking thread:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 49#p122049

Return to “Billy Elliot 2019/20 Australia Tour”