August 2009 - UK Reviews

eris
Small Boy

Re: August 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by eris »

Wow Pex, you must have had a wonderful night yesterday. I'm so happy for you that you got the chance to see Tanner perform again!!
And that was a beautiful review...
Sam 1x - Tom 5x - Brad 2x - Tanner 3x - Fox 1x - Ollie 1x - Liam (Redhead) 1x - Scott 1x - Dean 1x-Josh 1x-Adam 1x
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

pexcornel wrote: I have a funny story too, from tonight. Right next to me was this huge person over 40, who before the beginning of the show played cards on his NINTENDO DS :roll: Well this person was falling asleep all the time in the show. You would think, The Letter? NO
He felt asleep during Born to Boogie and Angry Dance too. People siting in front of me (the boy with the ticket, you know who you are :D ) he can confirm that this person WAS SNORING and I had to kick his feet all the time. This was a major annoyance for me. So I hope I will never see you again in my life sleepy head :evil:
NO WAY? Oh my god! :shock:

Last night's show was great- glad I got to see Tanner again. His Electricity is so beautiful.
It was exciting to see Stephen Daldry :) and James Lomas! :D
Sad to think we won't see Trevor again. He has been a great George.
David Massey as Posh Dad never fails to crack me up. Amazing!
Jake Pratt is just so funny. I can't quite remember what part it is when Billy is sitting down and Jake goes right up to him, so he's really in his face. I think the winter scene. It's brilliant- it's the most gay I have seen any Michael :p
I actually really liked Joanna Riding. She portrays Mrs W totally different than Kate but it worked just as well. It's like she's very cold and doesn't want to feel anything for anyone but she just can't help liking Billy. Although, for some reason if I didn't know the show I would have thought there was going to be a wrong relationship between Billy and Mrs W. From the 'you don't fancy us, do you?' part I actually felt like it could have gone that way! I'm not sure why. Did anyone else get that?
Another great show though :)

Props to Jonathan the Tall Boy- he has been on every show i have seen recently!
Charlotte x
BillyBrave
Tall Boy

Post by BillyBrave »

pexcornel wrote:Saturday 29.Aug.2009 - evening
Billy: Tanner
Michael: Jake
Debbie: Fleur

I have a funny story too, from tonight. Right next to me was this huge person over 40, who before the beginning of the show played cards on his NINTENDO DS :roll: Well this person was falling asleep all the time in the show. You would think, The Letter? NO
He felt asleep during Born to Boogie and Angry Dance too. People siting in front of me (the boy with the ticket, you know who you are :D ) he can confirm that this person WAS SNORING and I had to kick his feet all the time. This was a major annoyance for me. So I hope I will never see you again in my life sleepy head :evil:

Lights out.
Pex

This guy was sitting in front of me he didn't get in my way, but there was some alien with a huge head across to my right hiding over 1/2 the stage. ( I'm still not sure if it was male or female).

BillyBrave
"Its a Dream, Its Really Good, Its the Best" -Ollie Gardner, Wednesday 13th May 2009

Ollie x31.5 Fox x28 Tanner x11 Brad x16 Tom x21.5 Dean x8 Rhys 4
louisl2004
Audience Member

Post by louisl2004 »

Yesterday was the frist time I had seen the show in like 3 months. The changes from the broadway show have now come over with now it being cuppa soup and not smash hits lol. Smash Hits only finishing printing the magazine like 3 years ago... Anyhow aleast none of music broadway changes have happened i.e Angry Dance I think it's the most stunning this I've ever seen from this show it wows be everything.

Both Shows were oustanding I in one way im glad that I hadn't seen the show for a little while it made me think why I love it so much because it has everything. With the afternoon performance there for a problem as Gillian seemed to have a singing problem with 'Shine' the MD didn't look happy. But apart from that she did a very good job. I only had seen Tom once before so it was nice to see him again and he a real cheecky chappy which remind me of Jamie Bell a little bit his angry dance was breathtaking and though I did think on this osscation he did have a slight edge of Tanner for me. I didn't think I would ever say that I've always seemed to get him and he is my favourite billy at the moment though I have not seen Oliie yet. Both casts were fantastic today. In the evening show towards the end I could see that there were some automation issues going on as the side pieces didn't come in on time but did when the miners trap went down thank god for that.

On reflection I really thought Tom and Tanner did a great performance and thought that Joanne Riding was quite good I liked her as Mrs W she remind me a little of Julie Walters.

louisl2004
Tanner x 7
Layton x 1
Brad x 1
Fox 1
Tom x 2
Ollie x 1
Dean x
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

Pex was spot on about the Saturday matinee. Tom, Connor and Francesca put on a magical performance. Individually - Tom is such a superb Billy His artistry and level of performance never ceases to amaze me. Connor produced such energy,drive and humour as Michael. He was excellent. Francesca - what else can be said about this little girl. She is an incredible/amazing actress. A perfect Debbie. Pex also mentioned everything else being as smooth as ever. I presume she was refering to the show as a whole and all of the cast. Let me just say, the whole cast from oldest to youngest, no matter what their role, were absolutely fantastic. It was a memorable afternoon. I can't wait for my next visit. I don't know when, but it has to be as soon as possible. Why does BETM have this effect.? "I can't really explain it. I haven't got the words." :D :D
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

pexcornel wrote:To finish all this in a positive note. I want to thank BillyWizz, JohnH, patc and every member of the forum that exchanged words with me this past 3 days. I am amazed at your dedication for the show, what you are doing, the forum, the pictures and everything. HUGS everybody, I hope to see you soon :)

Lights out.
Pex
Thanks Pex, it is a great for any of the forum team to get feedback for their efforts. Although it is made a lot easier by the great members we have. :D

And thanks everyone for the great reviews, they are great to read and give people's different perspective on the show.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

JohnH wrote:Our very own Gallery Moderator, Billy Whiz was the audience member that Trevor picked on at the start of the second half.
When I saw what seat Billy Whiz was (finally :lol: ) sat in I joked to him at the interval that I had slipped Trevor a few quid to pick him out. It was such fun when it actually happened. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fabulous and special weekend that was. Three incredible shows that had everything, meeting with old and new friends from the Forum, meeting lots of the cast and parents of the younger cast (you know who you are), the wonderful and so welcoming theatre staff, the buzz around the theatre inside and out, mixed, of course, with not a little sadness at the departure of one of the true giants of Billy Elliot, Trevor.

Thanks to everyone and some photos very kindly allowed by the parents have now been sent in to the gallery.

Pat
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Cant really add much to all the reviews that have been written already. Last night was fab.
As we were at the stage door at the end, I suddenly thought how lucky I am that I found this forum. I have met so many lovely people, so now going to see the show isnt just about the show, but its about seeing forum members too.
Im so grateful for this forum - My life would be so boring without it xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Well said pinknick :D :D
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
wendy
Tall Boy

Post by wendy »

me too, you must have read my mind pinknick, its so great to meet you guys its such a great forum and such great people, going on to the show sat eve - finaly got to see tanner :D the ballet was just so lovely,i love his dancing with all the spins he adds to it i do like the street as well, and its nice to see all the billys and how they add their diffrent styles to the show,the ballet girls were on top form again ,trevor clearly enjoying his last performance with a few add extras, great eve great show and great to see everyone

Return to “Reviews Archive”