August 2009 - UK Reviews

bubsycm
Debbie

Re: August 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by bubsycm »

It's true, I was just thinking that the other day. I know they have a few kids for legal reasons but it also keeps the show fresh. I agree about maybe not having gone back as much if it was just the one person all the time.
Charlotte x
Kate
Audience Member

Post by Kate »

If you hang around here long enough, you'll be wanting to go back to see another Billy, and then another Billy..........

After seing the show last Saturday i can't stop thinking about it and i wish i could see the show again!
Tanner was absolutely amazing and i can't believe anyone else will do the role better but reading some reviews it seems that the other 4 Billys bring something new to the show and therefore unlike a film the show is different everytime. If i see it again will i get this out of my system? I see some people on the forum have been a few times which is amazing commitment but i'm not sure what my friends will say!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Kate wrote:If i see it again will i get this out of my system?
Probably not :D :D ;)

It only gets worse or at least it did with me and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Glad you enjoyed the show. The first one is special and that Billy will remain with you.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

Kate wrote: If i see it again will i get this out of my system?
:lol: I think I'll let my signature answer that question! :)
Kate wrote:...but i'm not sure what my friends will say!
Most of my friends and some work colleagues know roughly how many times I've seen the show as I keep disappearing to London. :lol:

I sometimes get a bit embarrassed when someone new asks me how many times I've seen the show but I just liken it to my friends who go regularly to football matches, it might be the same 'team' playing but its always different.
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

That's a problem with me too.
And coming from Spain is a a lot difficult not only more expensive but I get very tired too.
I was hoping that I would get over it but I´ll be back probably in October, if not even next month if some of my friends want to tag along. I don't really like to come alone, it's quite depressing visiting alone, but no one wanted to come with me to 5 shows in a row obviously.
Next time I'll only do Saturdays.

I still have to see the wonderful Fox from the stalls... so.. there is something to look for ahead :)

And about Tanner, he was the one that got me too from a "normal obsession" to an addiction. :lol:
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Kate wrote:If you hang around here long enough, you'll be wanting to go back to see another Billy, and then another Billy..........

After seing the show last Saturday i can't stop thinking about it and i wish i could see the show again!
Tanner was absolutely amazing and i can't believe anyone else will do the role better but reading some reviews it seems that the other 4 Billys bring something new to the show and therefore unlike a film the show is different everytime. If i see it again will i get this out of my system? I see some people on the forum have been a few times which is amazing commitment but i'm not sure what my friends will say!
It's like a drug...it's addictive...the more you go...the more you'll want to go again!
Yes, all the Billy's, Michaels, Debbies and other understudy cast members bring something different to their interpretation of their role. Your first Billy, etc may always be special, but I'm sure you will find something you like in some of the others too!

Yes, your friends may not quite understand, until you take them all to see it and then they might begin to empathise a little more! I have taken about 25 people and they don't give me as such a hard time anymore!
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

If we all listened to our friends who, tut and criticise we wouldnt do the one if not one of the things we love most, and why should we be miserable just because they dont get it.Do things for you not others they wouldnt stop because you dont like it.
Oh yeah it does get more addictive s others have said.

To bring it back to reviews slightly:-a few comments
Fri-I noticed a cheeky/flirtiness from Brad that i hadnt noticed before.Loved his performance.Fluer and Jake were FAB again.Joanna for first time i liked her thought she was amusing.
Sat mat-Tom was mindblowing and i think personally one of my favourite performances, i have seen so far.Connor and Francesca it was the first time seeing them both and they were FAB aswell
Sat eve-Tanner WOW.Dont need to say anymore stunning performance.Jake and Fluer FAb and love Fluers screams.
All in all a fantastic weekend of shows and i am still buzzing from it.
Lovely to meet everyone again it just adds something special to meet and talk to other fans.
Sorry its a little poor to all of your standards thats why i dont write anything normlly. :D
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

sleepylins wrote:Sorry its a little poor to all of your standards thats why i dont write anything normlly. :D
Never let that put you off posting a review. I love hearing what people think of the shows even if it is only a few lines! :)
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

sleepylins wrote:Fri-I noticed a cheeky/flirtiness from Brad that i hadnt noticed before.Loved his performance.
Not that I've seen Brad before so I don't have any of his previous performances to compare to, but I'm glad someone else noticed this almost teenage boy flirtatiousness as well. It may have just been the fact that Brad is nearly as tall as Mrs Wilkinson (although I didn't detect the same dynamic between Joanna and Tanner who's about the same height as Brad) but I thought that there were definitely undertones of innocent flirting/chemistry between Billy and Mrs Wilkinson at that performance, in much the same manner that teenage boys would playfully tease and throw suggestive looks at their young female teachers. Joanna as Mrs Wilkinson gave as good as she got and it was so interesting seeing this different dynamic between Billy and Mrs Wilkinson. Initially I found it a little disconcerting especially in the scene where Billy asks (in Brad's case almost playfully with a double entendre thrown in) whether she fancied him, and she responds in like manner, but this older, quite knowing portrayal of Billy really grew on me and it was very much in the mould of a typical teenager. I thought this different dynamic really came to the fore in the Goodbye scene at the end, where it wasn't Billy seeking some solace or some measure of affection from a maternal figure, but more like two friends on an equal footing saying goodbye. It was needless to say, quite touching and very interesting to watch.

As far as others tut-tutting about the Billy addiction, well, no one's hurt and I'm not doing drugs so BOOYAH.
Red's my colour
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Justin wrote:As far as others tut-tutting about the Billy addiction, well, no one's hurt and I'm not doing drugs so BOOYAH.
EXACTLY
I did notice that Brad gave the same look to the audience during the finale just as Tom gave everyone a cheeky wink or 2, Brad gave that cheeky look, tha the had given through his performance.Perfect example of each one doing it their own way and what makes each of the boys special.
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS

Return to “Reviews Archive”